Roy Moore: Predator(?)

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those two sigs look identical. That the 'y' in Moore's sig has changed in 40 years? I'm not impressed. That the attorney would not deny that is Moore's sig in the yearbook is impressive.

I sign my name anywhere from 3 to 10 times a day at my new job. I'm literally watching my signature devolve from what it was just a month ago.

Exactly. My signature is different every single time I sign.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention the differences in situations between the compared signatures. One's formally writing in a legal document. One's casually signed in a yearbook. One has a middle initial included (connected to the Y), one doesn't. The comparison signature on the site Maeze linked is not the same one I saw in a tweet last night, which had a wider loop on the Y. Does that mean that one or both of those non-yearbook signatures is faked? Of course not.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. Franken admits it. And should be shamed for it.

It doesn't seem, however, to rise sink to the level of Roy Moore, however.

caw

He was accused of kissing someone against her will, sort of (she says she reluctantly agreed but had a different plan) and sort of groping someone, (the pic doesn't look like he's actually touching her - and he's clearly doing it for the pic). Regardless, the pic isn't cool, kissing someone who doesn't want to be kissed is really not ok, obviously.

He actually apologized -- not a Louis CK or Weinstein apology, an actual apology, and said he'd cooperate with an investigation. Anyone who thought that Louis CK self-congratulatory mess was an apology should reread.

The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women. There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing—and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine—is: I'm sorry.

“I respect women. I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

“But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

“For instance, that picture. I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it—women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

“Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive. But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all. It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters. And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

I'm really hoping this is the end of it, and think there won't be a spate of women coming forward. Mostly I think he's too smart to not address it now if this had been ongoing behaviour. He'd get in front of it, not pretend it wasn't going to happen ... I'd think.

ETA: Of course FOX, in all their glory, is now digging up SNL bits he wrote and attempting to use them to suggest he's abusive. He apparently suggested a skit in the writer's room once that had Andy Rooney saying the reason Leslie Stahl wasn't on the show a lot was because he'd drug her and drag her in a closet and keep her there. Thus, according to FOX, Franken is probably a rapist? Sigh. Gotta love 'em.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Geez, that photo is SO BAD! I assume Franken's got that "comedian culture" embedded in him, too, so there's probably a LOT more where that came from. Ugh. It's a bummer because he's become an effective questioner in the Senate, but he's already announced his intention not to run again, so we weren't going to have him around much longer anyway.

On the Roy Moore, thing, it just keeps getting more creep-tastic. The stories coming out now about him stalking the Brand New Mall are grotesque. How the cops didn't do anything about it is beyond my ability to comprehend. If he would have gone one step further, they'd have had to answer to the family as to why they ignored the behavior of a known sexual predator.

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
I just had a conversation with a man who was making the point that Moore does not equal Franken. That these are two separate instances and should be treated as such. Okay. So far, I'm in. I do cringe a little because reasons but I can agree that Moore is *worse* than Franken. But only if we're ranking perpetrators. Because the victims should be accepted for what they've been through and not have their levels of trauma ranked like a middle school list of girls you think are pretty.

But then he said that what Franken was doing was "part of his job." And I'm pretty sure that forcing your tongue down the throat of a clearly unwilling participant and pretending to grab her while she sleeps in a space that is filled with people who are dedicated to preserving our freedom and liberty IS NOT part of being a comedian.

I'm not handling that conversation very well so I came to vent about it. What is wrong with people?

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I just had a conversation with a man who was making the point that Moore does not equal Franken. That these are two separate instances and should be treated as such. Okay. So far, I'm in. I do cringe a little because reasons but I can agree that Moore is *worse* than Franken. But only if we're ranking perpetrators. Because the victims should be accepted for what they've been through and not have their levels of trauma ranked like a middle school list of girls you think are pretty.

But then he said that what Franken was doing was "part of his job." And I'm pretty sure that forcing your tongue down the throat of a clearly unwilling participant and pretending to grab her while she sleeps in a space that is filled with people who are dedicated to preserving our freedom and liberty IS NOT part of being a comedian.

I'm not handling that conversation very well so I came to vent about it. What is wrong with people?

He's sort of not wrong though. He IS, in that no, sticking your tongue in someone's mouth or pretending to grope someone were not his job, or acceptable behaviours in any sense, but they were rehearsing a skit and he is a comic. He was presumably doing the camera thing for a laugh from whomever he was with.

The whole thing has zero to do with Moore though.

Moore appears to have engaged in longstanding predatory and assaulty behaviour toward young girls. Franken is accused of kissing and sort of/pretending to grope an adult woman who was performing with him on a comedy tour.

Again, what Franken did was wrong but these things are not in the same universe. It's like well, that guy dropped a bomb on that city, but Bob over there used an illegal firecracker in his yard. It'd be like what? Not remotely similar.

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score

People have trouble accepting hard truths(especially when those truths reveal something about someone they look up to, care for or like.) My parents to this day think Bill Cosby's accusers are liars because of course the fun loving dad from their childhood tv show couldn't have possibly done something so wrong.

Seeing this news about Franklin hurts as someone who sees him as a 'reasonable voice' in our congress. Same as seeing the news hurts about CK who see him as a comedian they loved. A lot of people have trouble accepting that people they like, etc can do these awful things. It's depressing for us. Imagine what it's like for those that these people did things to. Ugh

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
Agree with you 100%. They really are apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is that they created trauma for a woman who didn't ask for what she received. I wish that we (as a culture) talked more about that and the aftermath. There was a great interview on NPR yesterday with the journalists who wrote the Weinstein expose. I wish I could find a link to it. We learn more when we hear about the impact on the victims. The reality of slimy death threats and social media abuse after coming forward with allegations is just as bad as the initial abuse.

Moore should have been shoved into the mall dumpster and taken out with the wads of gum they scrape from beneath the tables in the food court. We've heard enough of him. Franken deserves to be listened to - but not to the detriment of his accuser, of course.

What's really wrong about it is my colleague's suggestion that what Franken was totally cool because it was "part of his job."

I have tons of male friends right now who are skimming over the last twenty years and thinking that they did a few things that they're not proud of. They aren't Moores or Weinsteins. They are Frankens (at least as far as we can tell).

We used to say horrible things. Using the word "retard." Saying that something is "gay" because it doesn't meet our approval. These are cultural things we did in the moment. Wide spread behaviors that chipped away at the power of others. We said them not because we intended to hurt but because it was colloquial. After learning how it affected others, we now all know that that's just not okay. Likewise, I think a lot of good men are learning that some of the stuff they did was not okay.

It would be great if Franken, who seems to be a reasonable person, could become a good example of a good example. 'Cause God knows we could all use one.

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score
We used to say horrible things. Using the word "retard." Saying that something is "gay" because it doesn't meet our approval. These are cultural things we did in the moment. Wide spread behaviors that chipped away at the power of others. We said them not because we intended to hurt but because it was colloquial. After learning how it affected others, we now all know that that's just not okay. Likewise, I think a lot of good men are learning that some of the stuff they did was not okay.

It would be great if Franken, who seems to be a reasonable person, could become a good example of a good example. 'Cause God knows we could all use one.

Yep, we have so many cultural issues that leads to this type of behavior(a lot of the times unconscious behavior.) People around me in my life(especially when I was younger) would use the word 'gay' to describe something as dumb or weird, etc as you say. I can't recall a time that I used it but I wouldn't have doubt it if I did(since I grew up in that culture like most.) I have people today that will use that word or the word (phag) and when I call them out on it they will dismiss it as them using a derogatory word. They'll say "it's just a saying don't make a big deal out of it," etc. They say that because it was driven into them years and years ago and accepted as norm(non derogatory behavior.) People can't stand the idea that they themselves have used derogatory behavior/language, etc. It's hard for us to recognize things like that and to take responsibility(to never do it again.)

I too hope that examples will continue to show progress in these areas. We need more women, minorities, and YES white men who will HELP foster new generations of diverse women and men in our nations leaders. Leaders who help our nation progress from the huge mistakes that we've made in our nations past and NOT repeat(or make excuses for our past mistakes) as so many currently in charge are doing now.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Muddying the waters with whatabout this other guy is a standard tactic whenever rapey behavior is exposed.

Evidence suggests that Roy Moore is unrepentant predatory scum who has creeped on unwilling and very young women and girls for a long time and tried used his powers in government to sympathize with and give aid and comfort to similar predators.

It’s a good idea not to get sidetracked from Roy Moore’s actions and history.

Last edited:

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
Muddying the waters with whatabout this other guy is a standard tactic whenever rapey behavior is exposed.

Evidence suggests that Roy Moore is unrepentant predatory scum who has creeped on unwilling and very young women and girls for a long time and tried used his powers in government to sympathize with and give aid and comfort to similar predators.

It’s a good idea not to get sidetracked from Roy Moore’s actions and history.
My intention of bringing up Franken was not to lessen focus on Moore but to bring to light yet another case of alleged abuse - I agree that Moore is a creepy slug and I hope he never makes it to the US Senate. There seem to be quite a few claims of sexual misconduct - Weinstein and Spacey among the most well known. They should all be taken seriously.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Every bit of news is demoralization on top of demoralization. I'm swinging wildly every day between "Fight for our country" and "Let it burn". When even the "good guys" can't be counted on, women still won't be allowed to take their equal place in society, and you realize how much rot is at the core, what is the point?"

We need some more "H" around this forum, but I'm having trouble locating any.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We need some more "H" around this forum, but I'm having trouble locating any.
It's a tiny tiny flicker, but I think there's Hope to be found in the fact that young people are getting a very strong #metoo message that they don't need to put up with this crap, and that other women and some men will support them.

Whenever I need hope, I talk to a young person.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...ETA: Of course FOX, in all their glory, is now digging up SNL bits he wrote and attempting to use them to suggest he's abusive. He apparently suggested a skit in the writer's room once that had Andy Rooney saying the reason Leslie Stahl wasn't on the show a lot was because he'd drug her and drag her in a closet and keep her there. Thus, according to FOX, Franken is probably a rapist? Sigh. Gotta love 'em.
Actually the GOP brought that one up in 2008 during Franken's Senate campaign.

TCnKC

Registered
Reaction score
Despite all the encouraging signs of people actually taking assault claims seriously against some of the people in power recently it's hard to really say 'progress' has been made when the elephant in the room(the only one our government apparently isn't keen on hunting - the president of the united states) is free of consequences of his actions against women

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Whenever I need hope, I talk to a young person.

This. That's the best thing about my job.

Again, what Franken did was wrong but these things are not in the same universe. It's like well, that guy dropped a bomb on that city, but Bob over there used an illegal firecracker in his yard. It'd be like what? Not remotely similar.

Well, maybe it's more a matter of one guy deliberately committing arson many times over the years (and getting away with it until recently) and another guy doing something really stupid with matches (thinking he's being clever or funny as he does so) and setting fire to a neighbor's house. The second is still terrible, and it's something that should have consequences, but it's not at the same level of intent or malevolence as the former. Also, the odds of repeat behavior are lower.

I'm still disheartened at how many men, including men who have been advocates for women in other contexts, are guilty of abuse.

Note that Moore is not, and never has been, an advocate for women. His behavior, political and personal, is consistent with his being a man who thinks women should be subservient to men.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Despite all the encouraging signs of people actually taking assault claims seriously against some of the people in power recently it's hard to really say 'progress' has been made when the elephant in the room(the only one our government apparently isn't keen on hunting - the president of the united states) is free of consequences of his actions against women

Which makes it all the more audacious that this dumb sack of spoiled meat stinking up Pennsylvania Avenue for blocks and blocks can find a way to wrap his tiny hands around his flip phone and whack off some of the most insipid drivel a human mind can puke out.

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....

10:06 PM - Nov 16, 2017

This from a freak who says nothing about a sicko who hunted down underage girls in shopping malls until he was banned from the premises. The response to a guy who brags about putting his hands due south of a woman's breasts is going about as well as you might expect it would. It should never ever be forgotten Donald Trump is the Sexual Predator-in-Chief. Trump knows a little something about accusations of inappropriate behavior with underage girls.

There's a time to speak up and a time to shut the fuck up. Trump has no moral character and no business wagging his stubby fingers at anybody's predatory behavior. He should only shut the fuck up forever. :e2zipped::Ssh::e2tomato:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Bros Always Come Before the Hoes.

After saying since his return from Asia that Roy Moore's election was up to the voters of Alabama, Trump has sided with Moore. Surprised?

Not at all. Why should anybody expect a man who was accused of sexually molesting a 13-year old girl to demonstrate any scruples when it comes to another man accused of sexually molesting multiple teenage girls?

Hello, America. Your president (not mine) is a pervert. Ooops. My bad. An accused pervert just the way Roy Moore, the next Senator from the great state of Alabama is only accused of being a pervert. Now he's been blessed with the approval of President Pussygrabber. Hell, he may even go out there and campaign for good ol' Roy. Why shouldn't he? Pigs of a feather wallow in the muck together and all that...

"He denies it. Look, he denies it," Trump said of Moore. "If you look at all the things that have happened over the last 48 hours. He totally denies it. He says it didn't happen. And look, you have to look at him also."

The President also expressed vehement opposition to Doug Jones, the Democrat in the race and Moore's only major opponent.

"We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat, Jones. I've looked at his record. It's terrible on crime. It's terrible on the border. It's terrible on military," Trump said. "I can tell you for a fact we do not need somebody who's going to be bad on crime, bad on borders, bad for the military, bad for the Second Amendment."

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders has said Trump found the allegations against Moore "very troubling," but believed Alabama voters should decide Moore's fate.

Still, Sanders and other White House officials have highlighted the fact that Trump has not campaigned with Moore.

But Trump on Tuesday left the door open to campaigning with Moore.

"I'll be letting you know next week," he said, when asked whether he will campaign with Moore.

Trump repeatedly emphasized that Moore has denied the allegations brought against him.

Trump declined to say whether he believed Moore's denials, but when asked he again pointed to the denials.

"Well, he denies. I mean, he denies. I mean, Roy Moore denies it. And by the way, it is a total denial. And I do have to say 40 years is a long time. He's run eight races and this has never come up. Forty years is a long time," Trump said, pointing to the amount of time that has passed since the alleged behavior.

This next part is not for the majority of the White women who post regularly in Absolute Write's Activism, Current Events and Hope forum. This next part for you other White women. The 53 percent of you who voted for Donald John Trump over Hillary Rodham Clinton. Yes, you. The silent ones. The quiet ones. The ones who turned away from a imminently qualified woman with impeccable credentials and skills and experience, but with some sketchy ethical, trust and honesty issues in favor of a totally inexperienced man with no credentials at all, exaggerated skills and zero experience with serious and possibly criminal ethical, trust and honesty issues.

You know who you are and I see you out there. I really do not care if you regret your vote for a man like Trump. I really do not care if you are proud of your vote for a man like Trump. Words can not adequately express how many fucks I do not give about your vote one year later.

But I do have a question for you.

As a woman who cast your vote for a man who bragged how he was a star and as a star he could do anything he wanted with any woman he wanted up to and including grabbing them by the pussy, are you familiar with the slang term, "Bros before Hoes?" No? A guy named Michael Kimmel came up with it and here's quick primer for you.

What is the unifying emotional subtext of what it means to be a man?

Never showing emotions or admitting to weakness.

What is not an option in what it means to be a man?
Being a sissy or being perceived as weak, effeminate, or gay.

Who is masculinity largely performed for?

Other men.

What is the status of women in the performance of masculinity?
They are for possessing, not for emulating.

How do women suspect a man might be gay?
If he's interested in/knows something about what she's talking about, or is sensitive/a good listener.

How does Guyland enable young men to be strategic in their expression of masculinity?

They can be men when they want to be taken seriously or they can be boys when they don't want to be held accountable for their actions but simply want to get away with it.

What is the culture of entitlement based on?
A strong sense of male superiority and a diminished capacity for empathy (it is the reward for subscribing to the Guy Code).

What is the main element of the Guy Code?
Violence, or the threat of it.

Why do girls participate in the culture of silence?
So guys will like them.

What relationship is crucial in Guyland?
The relationship between perpetrators and bystanders.

You get the idea. Patriarchy is not a natural construct. It is a learned one and it must be carefully taught. A boy who wishes to be considered a man must follow the Code in order to reap the benefits and avoid the sanctions.

Donald Trump sided with Roy Moore because of the Guy Code. Like Moore, Trump never apologizes, never admits or acknowledges a mistake, is deathly afraid of appearing weak or indecisive or in any way sensitive. That might indicate Trump or Moore were going soft, acting like a sissy or a punk or a fag or God help them, like a woman and that can NEVER be permitted. Not even for a fleeting second. Trump is a MAN. Moore is a MAN. A MAN isn't sensitive and a MAN doesn't listen or care what a woman says or wants. A MAN takes what he wants and whether than be a boy or a girl or a woman or another man, how can he be a MAN and do any less.

Women are here to be possessed. That's what the Guy Code/Bros Before Hoes is all about. Roy Moore is a bro and so is Trump, so naturally he's got Roy's back. Doug Jones doesn't jump the bones of little girls because he's a liberal and a Democrat and he's soft, pathetically soft. We can't risk having a weak sister like Jones in the Senate. America needs a MAN like Roy Moore in the Capitol and Donald Trump in the White House and by God and Sonny Jesus, that's what we're gonna get on December 12.

And you 53 percent of White women are complicit. You're guilty. Guilty as hell. Oh, you had your reasons. Probably some really good ones because you had a choice between somebody who stands to pee and somebody who sits and you went old school, you went traditional, you didn't want to support your gender so you betrayed it.

And now you've given the green light to Trump and Moore to come for you and stay for your daughters. They couldn't do it without your cooperation, your collaboration and your blessing.

Because Bros will always come before Hoes. :Hug2:

Last edited:

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
For the women, there's the corollary I'm Not Like Other Girls. If you enthusiastically agree with the Bros about how Other Girls are weak, lazy, lying, manipulative b****es, there's a chance you will achieve Honorary Bro status. This will not only immediately raise your status from Ho, but will (you fondly hope) protect you from the predatory attitude of the Bros. After all, one Bro wouldn't grope a fellow Bro, or deny him a promotion.