These are some resources for people who want to improve their handwriting, or learn cursive for the first time.

You might be interested in this YouTube video of a TEDx talk from artist and Master Penman Jake Weidmann. Jake Weidmann also has a Website.

Books About Handwriting

I am not a fan of Anne Trubek's The History and Uncertain Future of Handwriting; she doesn't like handwriting, and thinks it should disappear, and I don't agree, but mostly, I dislike he her book because she takes liberties about the history of Medieval scripts.

I do favor Philip Hensher's The Missing Ink: The Lost Art of Handwriting.

Books About Improving Your Handwriting
These were books that were recommended to me; I haven't used them yet.

Getty, Barbara and Inga Dubay. Write Now.

Platts Roger Spencer. Spencerian Handwriting: The Complete Collection of Theory and Practical Workbooks for Perfect Cursive and Hand Lettering.
These are reprints of the workbooks originally used in the 1800s to reach Spencerian penmanship.

Sassoon, Rosemary and Gunnlaugur S. E. Brie. Improve Your Handwriting.

Sull, Michael and Debra Sull. American Cursive Handwriting.

This is the book that people keep mentioning to me as the best option for adults who want to learn or re-learn basic, ordinary legible cursive, in a style based on Spencerian script . Michael Sull has a website.

Online Instructional Resources

This is a YouTube course about How to Write in Cursive.
There are 29 video lessons; this is the first.

Paper Templates

There are a lot of templates for printing your own ruled paper, including paper designed to help you write cursive.

Penmanship paper
Templates for printing your own paper for handwriting practice.

Printable worksheets with cursive letter models

Microsoft Word Template for Handwriting Practice Paper