Critique area

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLMN

Registered
Reaction score
Question: I've been critiquing a little in 'Share your work' but there isn't much activity there. Is there another part of the forum where people post their work for critique?
Thanks.

BLMN

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, thankyou.
I was in Share your work sub folder mystery, thriller etc.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, thankyou.
I was in Share your work sub folder mystery, thriller etc.

Check your Settings on the top right of the window.
Click Settings
Click General Settings on the left under the My Account heading
Scroll down to Thread Display Options
See options under the Default Thread Age Cut off.

JDlugosz

Registered
Reaction score
Check your Settings on the top right of the window.
Click Settings
Click General Settings on the left under the My Account heading
Scroll down to Thread Display Options
See options under the Default Thread Age Cut off.

Is commenting on old SYW posts actually helpful to the poster? Should it be seen as helping balance your ask/answer karma?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If the original poster is no longer here or no longer checking the thread I imagine the use of a late posted critique would be limited.

A month or two probably doesn't matter, but as time passes....depends on the thread I guess.

Personally, I cringe at the thought of attention being drawn once again to a submission I thought had slid quietly into oblivion. Others may react differently. :snoopy:

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Is commenting on old SYW posts actually helpful to the poster? Should it be seen as helping balance your ask/answer karma?

It's not helpful for super-old threads, but people have been having a problem recently where it looks like there's almost nothing in SYW forums except a small handful of threads because of this setting issue, removing ones that are still recent enough to need help.

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
There's also just been not as many posts up in SYW, particularly for actual excerpts/openers, recently. Which is natural. It goes in cycles. Last spring there were a huge number. As was said upthread, might be NaNo right now eating people's time. I'd guess there'll be an uptick over Christmas as people's NaNo projects get put up for some early feedback.

OP, try taking a look at the genre-specific sub-forums, most of which have a fairly active first-200-words thread. I find there tends to be more activity there. Also, queries. There are always queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.