AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Thor: Ragnarok

Threaded View

Everything is under control. nighttimer's Avatar
    Wifey and I checked out Thor: Ragnarok and despite his shorn locks, she still got all the feels for bare-chested Thunder God, so yeah. She liked it.

I found it trying just a little too hard to turn Thor into Jerry Lewis, but seriously is anyone gonna try and tell me Thor: The Dreary World was a better installment? I say thee NAY!

I enjoyed Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster and Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie (though they copped out on her same-sex love thang) and Cate Blanchett's Hela had the right amount of campiness because I never did figure out what her evil scheme was supposed to work. Marvel still has a villain problem, but the interplay between Thor and Loki totally worked for me. Karl Urban's Skurge repeated the best part of Walter Simonson's second-only-to-Jack Kirby run on the Thor comic book and they finally gave Idris Elba's Heimdall something to do. Even Anthony Hopkins seemed to have enjoyed his comedic turn.

Three-and-a-half stars because any Thor movie that loses both Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings is better than any Thor movie with them.
    Last edited by nighttimer; 11-15-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    "Why should we do the dirtiest jobs for the lowest pay? Why should we do the hardest work for the lowest pay? Why should we pay the most money for the worst kind of food and the most money for the worst kind of place to live in? I'm telling you we do it because we live in one of the rottenest countries that has ever existed on this earth. It's the system that is rotten; we have a rotten system. It's a system of exploitation, a political and economic system of exploitation, of outright humiliation, degradation, discrimination – all of the negative things that you can run into, you have run into under this system that disguises itself as a democracy."
    ~ Malcolm X

January 2018