AW is an Amazon Affiliate

Buy Scrivener 3 for macOS (Regular Licence)

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Thor: Ragnarok

Threaded View

Rebel Without A Pause nighttimer's Avatar
    Wifey and I checked out Thor: Ragnarok and despite his shorn locks, she still got all the feels for bare-chested Thunder God, so yeah. She liked it.

I found it trying just a little too hard to turn Thor into Jerry Lewis, but seriously is anyone gonna try and tell me Thor: The Dreary World was a better installment? I say thee NAY!

I enjoyed Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster and Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie (though they copped out on her same-sex love thang) and Cate Blanchett's Hela had the right amount of campiness because I never did figure out what her evil scheme was supposed to work. Marvel still has a villain problem, but the interplay between Thor and Loki totally worked for me. Karl Urban's Skurge repeated the best part of Walter Simonson's second-only-to-Jack Kirby run on the Thor comic book and they finally gave Idris Elba's Heimdall something to do. Even Anthony Hopkins seemed to have enjoyed his comedic turn.

Three-and-a-half stars because any Thor movie that loses both Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings is better than any Thor movie with them.
    Last edited by nighttimer; 11-15-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    "I would like to point something out so that we'll understand each other better. I don't want you to think in the statements I made that I'm being disrespectful towards you as white people. I'm being frank. And I think that my statements will give you a better insight on the mind of a black man than most statements you get from most people who call themselves Negroes, who usually tell you what they want you to hear with the hope...that will make them draw closer to you and create a better possibility of getting from you some of the crumbs that you might let fall from your table. Well, I'm not looking for crumbs so I'm not trying to delude you."
    ~ Malcolm X