Status
Not open for further replies.

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Magnus: Nice work keeping at it even with family visiting. Great start to the new month.

spottedgeckgo: Wow...what an impressive start to NaNoWriMo! If you rack up word counts like that each day, you'll be able to get in two 50K novels by the end of November.

Disorderly: That's great how your words multiplied after you sat in front of the screen, even when you didn't plan to put much effort in. Nice work.

Keithy: 1500 words would be really tough while you are in the middle of edits too. As long as you're regularly working on something writing related, then you're making good progress. Hope that awful cold has deserted you.

Like Disorderly, I didn't think I'd be putting much effort in tonight either, but I ended up adding 686 words. This thread is awesome.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Katy - wow, off to a great start!
Magnus - you exceeded your min - I agree: solid pass
Congrats gecko on those words!
Disorderly - congrats on blowing up that goal!
& Keithy - 350 words, nice - (yeah - just forget it for me, too, for anything over 600 - that's a really good day for me)
DL - way to go!

& Welcome Kojiverse

I'm going to report my handwritten work in # of lines, and my digital doc work in # of words

Day 1: 17 lines in one WIP, and 109 words in two digital docs!
Wrote a job letter - in two languages, went to an interview & turned part of my online design portfolio into pdfs and delivered it for a prospective client

paper WIPs, digital docs & job hunt - 3/3.

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
I got over the minimum! 1841 words... I started with 1400 words of a previously aborted first scene that was crap prose but decent action, and I managed to salvage/partially rewrite that for a net of ~1100 words, then added the next scene.

Congrats to everyone for moving the ball forward!

Last edited:

spottedgeckgo

Da Gecko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spottedgeckgo.com
Thanks guys, this is my last "writing" month for a while, so I'm hoping to crank out lots of story before I swap to editing/revising everything.
Congrats to Katy, Magnus, Disorderly, Kiethy, DL, and anyone else I forgot.

I think the most important thing to hold yourself accountable for is getting the time in, each and every day if you can. That goes for writing or any other pursuit of passion. If you care about doing something, then you have to make the time.

If you found a way to squeeze half an hour of work in today, give yourself a pat on the back. Extra is nice, but get that one win, that tiny bit of drive toward the end goal, that single inch. To me, that's what it's all about. I'm a fast typist, but like everyone else, getting started is the hardest part.

Cheers you guys and good night. This is a great thread so far :)

LadyRedRover

Registered
Reaction score
November 1st is done and I hit both of my daily goals! I wrote 529 words today and I should be done with my current short story tomorrow, which is SUPER exciting. I also came up with 5 story ideas, though it was a near thing lol.

Congratulations to everyone on a strong start to the new month! It's so awesome to hear everyone's progress :D

peartree

Registered
Reaction score
1181 words today and I plotted out about 2/3 of my story outline and fleshed out the character profiles. Feeling quite proud of myself, even if I didn't make 2000 words like I'd hoped!

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
First day is over and I hit 6 pages longhand writing (I don't count all the words because I ain't got time for that) and if I estimate about 300 words per side of the page, that's about...3600 words, give or take a couple hundred.

Congrats to all who hit their goals! And if you didn't hit your goals, it's still awesome that you did some writing today :D

spottedgeckgo

Da Gecko
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spottedgeckgo.com
Congrats LadyRedRover and peartree on hitting your goals. I'm 2000 into my nanoing so far today, and this portion of the story, now that it's in print, seems a little dull. I'm going to push past it though. There's much more to the story and I might end up deleting a couple chapters later, but for now, I want to get into the twisted web of plots.

thereeness, that's awesome. Depending on the page size and your writing it could vary. My notebook pages earn my around 120 words each with my fountain pen, so I usually call them 100 unless I decide to do a line-by-line. My usual average per line is 5-7 words, so I just count every two lines as ten to keep things simple. It's an underestimate, but close enough that it works for me.

ktzeee

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a little over 2,000 words yesterday, hoping for same productivity today.

Good work everyone!!

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 2
Some light reading in Strunk & White for breakfast, and then 631 words written in the evening. I am pleased with this as my mind is still in shambles due to visitors. Tomorrow I flee to a café, and then it's over for this time!

Disorderly Disorder - Off to a good start, excellent!
D.L. - Awesome! Yes, this thread has completely changed the way I roll with the writing!

To those of you who hit the daily NaNo goal, awesome work. I'm a bit jellies. But I'll get there! Keep at it, everyone!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
YAY! I'm happy to read that peeps are meeting some of their goals! :hooray: Me? Well, day two this month and not a word written of anything. I'm simply too exhausted to concentrate. The builders are gone though, and I've now re-painted and moved the furniture back into our bedroom. Tomorrow morning I'm out, but in the afternoon I have nothing planned except work. I do write first drafts quite quickly, so I'm hoping to advance a few scenes of the book I want to finish. I'll pop back in tomorrow night to read how everybody's doing. Keep going everybody; it's inspiring.

Disorderly Order

Registered
Reaction score
Day 2:

673 words!
I think I'll try to beat my previous word count each time I write that way I'll have a cushion when the big goals start like 1,000 and 2,000 words

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Layla, LadyRedRover, Magnus, and Disorderly: Nice work. Keep it up! You all did better than I did, although I *did* write again. (Yay!) Managed 333 words today.

Pisco: I hope you'll be able to carve out some time tomorrow afternoon.

And for all you 1,000+ worders...edutton, thereeness, peartree, spottedgeckgo, & ktzeee...Awesome job. Hope the month continues in that manner for all of you!

LadyRedRover

Registered
Reaction score
Day 2 and I hit a little low on my word count (485) but I'm not too worried about it since I finished my short story draft and didn't want to add filler just to hit my word count :) I also wrote down 5 more story ideas! Tomorrow, I'll need to figure out whether to continue working on short stories or work on the novel I outlined last month. I'm torn because I love my novel idea but it's been so nice to be able to finish stories without spending months working on them lol

Wow! There's so many productive people this month!

@spotted gecko, Congratulations on the word count :) Every time I've done NaNoWriMo, I've always felt lackluster about my first couple of scenes, too. I suspect it has to do with the anticipation and excitement of the event. I mean, the beginning of a novel is such an exploratory, tentative process and it's hard to reconcile the two without being a bit disappointed. Hopefully, you get in the swing of things soon!

@Pisco Sour Good luck on your work tomorrow! Life stuff always has a bad tendency of getting in the way, doesn't it? I bet your bedroom looks awesome now, though! ^-^

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't check in last night due to the forum outage, but I did get 1,713 words written yesterday before the high fever hit. I'm recovering now, and am hoping to be up and moving enough tonight to get today's NaNo word count in. Good job, everyone! This looks to be a productive November for the thread!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Drive by check in because I'm tiiiired.

Day 2: 6 lines (yes!) in 1 paper WIP, 260 words in two d-docs
Also, wrote & sent one job letter. 3/3 - feeling happy about that.

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
Only 536 words today, but they include some cute character development and set up the inciting incident, which should come tomorrow!

@pisco sour, I bet you'll get there! And at least the bedroom is painted now :)

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! :eek:

First post back in months. My goals for November are:

- to say sorry to all the people I've ignored for about a year now. That includes everyone at AW, and lots of people outside the forums as well. I was ill but that's no excuse. I have a bad track record with that. It's not the first time I disappear off the face of the planet, and it's always for the same reason. I should know better by now! I'm sorry, guys.

- edit, edit, edit. Particular focus on semicolon abuse, and making sure I give info in the right order. I've got a white room syndrome where my room gets furnished as the scene progresses, which is rather unsettling!

thereeness

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all who wrote today! You all did awesomely :D

I wrote 8 longhand pages. I basically spent my entire shift, when I wasn't on break or answering calls, writing. I'm exhausted and going to bed. Niiiiighty.

Kojiverse

Registered
Reaction score
Day 1 and Day 2 Report:

I have written 3721 words of The Oni Hunter. I am writing Chapter One currently on the computer and hand writing parts of Chapter Two so that I can take advantage of those times when I am not near a computer.

I have posted multiple little updates on my Instagram: legodadkoji

Also I have given as many shout outs and pep talks as possible. I am feeling pretty good about my momentum so far.

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 3
Did some reading in the morning and wrote 550 words in the afternoon after escaping to a café. The monthly total is 1525 words despite the added difficulties, so off to a strong start! I don't feel that I can quite control the flow of productivity yet, but I figure I should just focus on keeping up the flow for now and be happy that the words are coming.

I just got back from a final dinner with the family and now it's time for me to sneak off and recharge.

So, welcome to the new arrivals, and to everyone: keep writing!

Last edited:

Disorderly Order

Registered
Reaction score
Day 3:

Wrote 555 words

I didn't reach my goal of surpassing yesterday's word count but that's still a whole lot more than 100 and every day I write those words I prove to myself I can reach a higher word count

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Thereeness/Magnus/Disorderly - well done, good to hear it.

Special mention for Kojiverse, that's some total.

Peartree? Any progress?

As for me - not much yesterday, ~200 new words today, about the same deleted and some more lifted from a deleted chapter. Current chapter is no 34 and is nearly done. I hope within a week to be working on serious new words.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
edutton - congrats - 536 is still nothing to sneeze at
Hello Raindrop,
Nice work thereeness
koji - wow, great work
Nice work Magnus, Disorderly, 500+ words is great :)
Hey Kiethy - contgrats on the ~200 :)

I think this month is going to be really tough for me - I've got two big stressors, both financial, & one has an added personal element - and this is the 3rd month of the challenge (write every day) and I've gotten all my new stories to a point where I have to figure things out, & all my old stories are stuck in rewrites…

Day 3: 260 words in two d-docs; asked my former supervisor to add recommendations for me on the three job platforms I'm using, and started Lesson 2 in the online training that this one new agency offers (I'm really glad to have gotten in with this agency.)

2/3 today, but I'm happy because I could have done 0/3

Status
Not open for further replies.