Hello from Seattle

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
This looks like a fun community, exactly what I need to avoid writing.. I mean, um, help my writing?

Genres: Sci-Fi, Speculative Fiction, Fiction
NaNoWriMo: Yes since 2008
Hobbies: writing, industrial design, game development, sailing, playing jazz and experimental music, cooking, gardening, and way too many others to list.
Day Job: Software and Systems
Writing since: mumble mumble early 80s mumble mumble
Read: anything with words. partial to sci-fi, literature, biographies, science
Beta Read: yes, but limited time

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After you wave to Mae in Bellevue, turn 90 degrees to your right, look along The Nickel (I-5), and see me waving :hi: from Albany, Oregon. Hard to see me? I'll tie a handkerchief to my cane. :flag:

:welcome:!

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello from a fellow Seattleite!

Chase, how's the new carousel doing? I visited when the workshop was still based in the old building, the one that was demolished.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Only been to Seattle once for a fencing tournament many, many years ago.

Welcome!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

hayaku

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings :)

Interesting combination of professions/hobbies. Would make for interesting Sci Fi concepts I'd imagine!

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chase, how's the new carousel doing?

CJ, it's complete and in operation. What a beauty! It's attracted a record number of visitors for any downtown attraction.

Some at the nearby old folks' senior center miss all the parking we once had, but not all of us.

When you visit next, be prepared for back-in parking everywhere, including the post office. Not only seniors don't like it, but Kay and I are okay with it because it makes the best use of space (and we learned how to back up on the farm) :greenie.

Daffyjkl

Registered
Reaction score
Hello tenuki, welcome. What do you do in terms of game development? Computer games? RPGs? Board games?

catesquire

<3<3<3
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Tenuki! I like to imagine you doing all those hobbies simultaneously...

Any projects you're workin' on currently?

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
Hello tenuki, welcome. What do you do in terms of game development? Computer games? RPGs? Board games?

I've been working in Unity3D making a RPG/puzzle/story/retro game that uses natural language processing (AI) to create believable chat experiences with virtual NPCs - I'm way over my head on this. I play 3d RPGs a lot and am sick and tired of dialog trees... I've also dabbled designing a board game I plan on moving to mobile app once I work the kinks out - that is definitely a work in progress.

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Hello from Bellevue. Like your intro.

Thanks! Wow, this is a more active writers forum than the one I was on that will go unnamed.

After you wave to Mae in Bellevue, turn 90 degrees to your right, look along The Nickel (I-5), and see me waving :hi: from Albany, Oregon. Hard to see me? I'll tie a handkerchief to my cane. :flag:

:welcome:!

Thanks for the welcome. Been through your town many many times on the way to CA.

Hello from a fellow Seattleite!

Howdy.

Only been to Seattle once for a fencing tournament many, many years ago.

Welcome!

Fencing! I've done a little Kendo, always fascinated by fencing.

Greetings :)

Interesting combination of professions/hobbies. Would make for interesting Sci Fi concepts I'd imagine!

It makes for less time to write. :/ I've always been interested in everything, makes getting good at something hard.

Welcome, Tenuki! I like to imagine you doing all those hobbies simultaneously...

Any projects you're workin' on currently?

Just a novel - hope to start my second in the series this upcoming nanowrimo.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CJ, it's complete and in operation. What a beauty! It's attracted a record number of visitors for any downtown attraction.....
Assuming there is only one carousel in Albany, wow, what gorgeous animals! Next time I drive through your town I will have to stop and see it.

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, novel! What's it about?

Not ready to share too many details or reading betas yet - but it's a SciFi novel written in a bit of an experimental style - think 'Dalgren' or 'Gravity's Rainbow' but not as well written ;) - with a unreliable narrator who thinks he can 'decide' the future at certain points. It's unclear if he is delusional or actually has this ability.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not ready to share too many details or reading betas yet - but it's a SciFi novel written in a bit of an experimental style - think 'Dalgren' or 'Gravity's Rainbow' but not as well written ;) - with a unreliable narrator who thinks he can 'decide' the future at certain points. It's unclear if he is delusional or actually has this ability.

Sorry for the derails. Writing what you want and how you want is fun. The best of luck with your secret experiment. (Sounds a bit like the old black and white films based on H.G. Wells' lab thriller, The Invisible Man. All five lab experiments-gone-wrong play on TV this time of year.) :greenie

ktzeee

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I've heard Seattle is very rainy, haha.