KRACK WiFi Exploit

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the overview; here's the technical data.

Ars Technica has some decent coverage.

This is an exploit with the potential to affect any device, routers or computers, tablets or smart phones or printers, cameras, etc. that use WiFi.

Update software; some devices have patches now. The difficulty is particularly with older hardware and OSs/systems that are no longer being updated.

Consider using Ethernet as a stop gap.

ETA: Some advice: What you can do to protect yourself (with some vendor specific information)

And a plain-language discussion

Last edited:

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I checked for updates on my laptop. It found a general security fix and the W10 Fall Creators update. I installed both. Is that enough, or do I need to download the KRACK patch separately?

Thanks!

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
If you have just updated everything you probably have nothing to worry about.

I'm a little worried. The last time I updated router firmware, I aquired a paperweight. :cry: However, my replacement lets me turn wifi off unless I really need it (which isn't a lot). And I have plenty of ethernet cables for my lappies :)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread. I've been having a hard time understanding why access to a wifi I'm using opens my computer to access. I understand it a little better now.

Not a whole lot, but a little. ;)

Last edited: