• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Writing 500 words of rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot-dot-dash

..-
Registered
Reaction score
It works for me. It might be rubbish connected to what I'm writing, or it might be completely unrelated, it doesn't seem to matter. The only thing that matters is just to keep writing. 500 words of procrastination-free nonsense. Only takes an hour (including making the coffee).

It's probably the same as using a plunger in a blocked sink - getting things moving in the opposite direction is what does it. The fact that one rarely gets to the end of 500 words without having stumbled across at least the germ of something respectable is just a welcome side effect :)

Salsmal

Registered
Reaction score
I've written 500 words of rubbish very often. Would you like to read some?

caw

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but it does bring up some conviction that I harbor. I feel that I sometimes start my writing in a different tab of only rambling in order to "unclog", and then I'd go to the separate tab for the real writing. I may be making a decision to make real writing happen, but maybe sub consciously I've never left the unclogging by rambling process. Which may explain why when I look back at what I've written I'm not as amused as I was when writing.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I think it make sense. It takes me a while to get into the zone, so why not leave it out of my MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.