Back from a long absence

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post here since I haven't been back in a long time, finally passed a personal milestone and thought I'd celebrate by perhaps returning to these forums. For the LONGEST time I couldn't actually write, just "idea hoard", and made a gazillion notes on a story I had been fleshing out in my head for over 10 years. Well for the first time in my life I think I've finally gotten past my phobia of writing this week and I'm already several chapters deep in what if finished will be my first novel, and hopefully not my last. :e2headban

Now keep in mind none of this of course means I'm a GOOD writer that will ever produce anything worthy of other human eyes, let along actually get published, but at least I'm finally able to actually write! :hooray:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on passing that milestone. Hopefully it was less painful than a kidney stone. :greenie.

Glad you're back.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

JShaft33

Registered
Reaction score
I too have written my novel in my head, on post it notes, emails to myself and scribbles on bar napkins over the past 10 years. It was quite an adventure sitting down and trying to organize it all once I had committed. I three days of doing nothing but organizing and writing and came out with 40,000 words and some horrible hand cramps.

Point of the story - the hardest part of writing for me was committing to sitting down and doing it. The rest was easy - especially since I had the story completed in my head.

Last edited:

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
I too disappeared from here for about ten years because I thought I'd never be better than mediocre. Well, guess what. I'm still mediocre with the exemplary talent of confusing the reader, but that's what critters are for.

Good luck!

ktzeee

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes you just need a break from writing. Took 2 years off during undergrad. Came back with better ideas + writing more now than ever. Welcome back! :)