How erogenous can the scalp be?

JDlugosz

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve read that the scalp is a secondary erogenous area for a lot of people. How erogenous can the scalp be? How might having your hair washed be sexy?

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
I’ve read that the scalp is a secondary erogenous area for a lot of people. How erogenous can the scalp be? How might having your hair washed be sexy?
I don't know about erogenous, per say, [ETA: speaking strictly for myself, obviously] but in the right circumstances the act of having your hair washed - or washing someone else's! - can be sexy as hell, and highly sensuous. There are a lot of nerve endings up there to stimulate; and on the other side, the texture of this warm, slick mass of hair you're running your fingers through, and hard bone under soft skin. There's also a pretty high level of intimacy and trust involved (outside of the salon context, which isn't usually too sexy IME. Unless you want to bang your stylist, I guess :D).

It can also just be relaxing, like a scalp massage.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The act of a partner washing my hair has the potential for being sexy, but the shampooing massage itself merely feels good, as opposed to sexy.

Which is why I can go to the hairdresser without making a fool of myself.

Maryn, overdue for a trim

Bongo

Registered
Reaction score
I love head and scalp massages. I always ask for extra time on my scalp when I go to a massage therapist. I ask my wife to give me "head" all the time, and she knows what I mean :). I love it! It feels nurturing. It feels relaxing. It feels awesome. But it's not sexual at all to me. It might make me feel more intimate with someone if they were doing it lovingly, but I couldn't see it ever exciting me sexually.

That being said, I could see it being sexual to someone else. I'm kinda grateful though as Maryn said - I can get scalp massages from strangers and not feel weird or uncomfortable about it :).

13ookI)ragon

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, but legit this is quite a big turn on for me, someone playing with my hair, or gently scratching or massaging my scalp, I will be moaning within seconds. It just feels that good to me.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get that it feels good. But erogenous? Not for this girl.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Across my books I have two scalp-based scenes that are erotic. Nobody has remarked that they seem weird. I wrote them because that was just how it worked between those characters.

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
Many years ago I had a high-end boutique hairdresser who very closely resembled actor Jared Padalecki and insisted on doing his own shampoos. My scalp instantly became an erogenous zone.

I got my hair cut a lot back then, let me tell ya. :evil

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
For men, there is the hair clippers buzzing on the nape, trimming the low end of the hairline. That can be bothersome in a good way.