• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Co-writer for a shounen action-style manga-style comic script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I recently started righting a manga-style comic tentatively titled Byakko. I've posted a couple scenes here: http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,18680.0.html . There are a couple problems with this. Mainly, I'm having trouble developing things other than those scenes and, while I want to get this drawn at some point, I'm not used to writing panel-by-panel. So, I want someone to help me with those things. I realize this is an unusual request and potentially a lot to ask, but I don't really know what else to do.

This would be unpaid. Although, if we somehow make revenue off this, I'd be happy to share it.

A brief summary of the basic premise:

Four year old Tora's father witnesses a man trying to kill his two-year old daughter and four year old son. Tora's father offers to adopt the two, and the man agrees. Tora and the son, Loup, have contrasting personalities, and Tora has average talent with the use of inochi, magical energy, while Loup excels at it. The two become rivals. Loup also has nothing but contempt for his younger sister, Shiro, and so Tora takes on a brotherly and mentor role. Eleven years later, Loup and Tora both try to enter the elite King's Guard, but Tora is relegated to the Hunters' Corps. Loup follows him, wanting to continue their rivalry.

If you read the above scenes, you'll know that Tora dies in the first arc after sneaking Shiro in on their first mission. Shiro then takes over the protagonist role. Loup remains the secondary protagonist.

Just reply or PM me if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I can't help you with the scripting, but for what it's worth I like the story, sounds entertaining.

-Derek

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
I can't help you with the scripting either, but wouldn't it be easier to just research the panel-by-panel style and try to tackle that? Maybe, perhaps, some one here might evetually be able to do it as a one-off... but sooner or later you'll have to do it, unless you're planning this to be your only manga...

Last edited:

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I can't help you with the scripting either, but wouldn't it be easier to just research the panel-by-panel style and try to tackle that? Maybe, perhaps, some one here might evetually be able to do it as a one-off... but sooner or later you'll have to do it, unless you're planning this to be your only manga...

Yeah, I've tried researching it, but it'snot really clicking. I was thinking it might help me learn to have someone else help me with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't help you with the scripting, but for what it's worth I like the story, sounds entertaining.

-Derek

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
You keep asking for a co-writer. It sounds like you'd be better off with a mentor...

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
You keep asking for a co-writer. It sounds like you'd be better off with a mentor...

Maybe. Though, looking through my post history, this is maybe the third time I've asked for a co-writer here. Usually I get tired of waiting and just do it on my own. This time the whole paneling issue kind of prevents that.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe. Though, looking through my post history, this is maybe the third time I've asked for a co-writer here. Usually I get tired of waiting and just do it on my own. This time the whole paneling issue kind of prevents that.

Fair enough.

I do highly recommend finding a tutor, teacher, or mentor, though.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry this isn't much help, but is there anyone up on the Mangaraiders forum who can help you? Even if you just post a question on the best way to write panel-by-panel, I'm sure someone there would have suggestions.

Canislupus54

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sorry this isn't much help, but is there anyone up on the Mangaraiders forum who can help you? Even if you just post a question on the best way to write panel-by-panel, I'm sure someone there would have suggestions.

That would have been a good idea. Probably should have done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.