The Moody Blues
Radiohead
Rage Against the Machine
Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
Nina Simone
Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Link Wray
The Zombies

Personally, I'd love to see the Zombies get in, along with the Moody Blues, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fan vote page:
https://www.rockhall.com/fan-vote/2018-fan-vote?_ga=2.189027179.1158287998.1507639027-1774229770.1507639027

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to say I'm familiar with all of them, but no-o-o.

Given my druthers, I'd like to see the Moody Blues, Eurythmics, or Radiohead.

Ever been to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame? It's a very strange museum, in that it's got more sitting down than any I've visited--and I've been to a whole lot of museums. I guess they know their boomer clientele.

Maryn, still mobile

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Well you know, the Zombies were way ahead of their time, imo. And more influential than many realize, I think.

That said, I think this year's nominees are relatively weak and perhaps indicate that the Hall has enough bands in it from the seventies and earlier.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nina Simone & Sister Rosetta Tharpe would be good. I saw clips of Tharpe's playing...damn.

Now that Rush is finally in, my new campaign is for the Monkees.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen worse inductees. Pearl Jam getting in the first time they were nominated is bullshit while The J.Geils Band and The Doobie Brothers have gone over 20 years without making the cut.

Others deserving include Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Johnny Winter, Todd Rundgren, Whitney Houston, Living Colour, King Crimson, T. Rex featuring Marc Bolan, Thin Lizzy, Grand Funk Railroad, Huey Lewis and the News, and Ted Nugent among others that Jann Wenner doesn't like.

Eddie Trunk made a special case that Ronnie James Dio has been snubbed by the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Dio replaced Ozzy Osbourne as the lead singer in Black Sabbath on four studio records and a live album. Dio had success in Rainbow and his solo career.

Oh, and Ronnie James Dio came up with the most iconic hand gesture in rock history. :e2headban

Rock n' roll never forgets but the Hall of Fame does.