New to the Forum, not so new to writing :D

splinteredmoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm Miriam, Irish, 30-*mumbles* and currently trying to conquer self-doubt and "let's start again syndrome" that seems to be triggered when I hit a snag in my plot. I'm currently prepping a UF/Paranormal Romance for Nanowrimo in the hopes I'll finish it and be able to get something out into the world next year. I'm hoping to self publish.

I've been writing since I was a teenager. It's a typical story of not being able to find anything I wanted to read, so I started writing the stories myself. Dabbled in fan fiction for a few years before I wrote my first novel, a terrible self insert vampire story heavily based on BtVS and Angel (which I still adore).

I'm hoping to settle in here, I'm a bit lost since I've not been on forums since The Sims 2 about ten years ago :eek: But I am looking forward to being a small part of your great community :D

Bongo

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm actually new here too, so I can't offer a lot regarding this forum - but I get the sense so far that there are lots of great people here. Responses might be a bit sparse at times, but I'm thus far enjoying my stay :).

I've been writing since I was a teenager. It's a typical story of not being able to find anything I wanted to read, so I started writing the stories myself.

I actually never heard that before, and thought it was kinda neat.

FWIW... you mumbled the 30 "something." I didn't write or publish anything till I was 55. So you're way ahead of me. Wishing you the best!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

MsStarlight

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! And welcome! I am also a 30-something who dabbled in fan fiction for a while. (Okay, maybe more than dabbled...lol.) And am also working on a romance! :)

Hope Nano goes well for you! I've done it in the past but don't have time for it this year. It's always fun though. It's kind of comforting to know that there are so many other people out there writing furiously at the same time you are.

splinteredmoon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind replies guys! I'm still looking around the forum and am half afraid to contribute in case I do something wrong >_<' I'll get the hang of it I'm sure.
@msstarlight I love the community around nanowrimo too! A little healthy competition never hurt anyone. I love seeing my wordcount go up too!

ktzeee

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the online writing community!

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
What is para-romance? Is it romance with a paranormal person? Please help my ignorance out.