Harvey Weinstein resigns in sexual harrassment scandal

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
So it's interesting to see lawyers who were protecting Weinstein going down. One celebrity lawyer whose image was that of being an advocate for sexual assault victims was caught being one of the lawyers that Weinstein used to intimidate and silence his victims. A lawyer for the New York Times has been caught suppressing stories of Weinstein's attacks in the New York Times.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Actor Andy Dick was fired from two movies because of sexual harassment: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...second-movie-sexual-misconduct-claims-1053547

The story is interesting because we get a bit of what Dick was thinking. Interesting that "Oh, in the 70s you could do this and everyone was happy about it!" is a common defense among older harassers.

Dick's comments:
"I don't grope people anymore. I don't expose myself anymore," he said. "I do understand that the temperature in the world right now is delicate."

Delicate? Not wanting to be groped or flashed is "delicate?"

No. Delicate is pouting and whining because you're expected to keep your hands (and genetalia) to yourself. You know, that little concept that people ought to have learned in kindergarten.

I can't even. Ugh.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Read this yesterday in The New Yorker:

He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.

It's a really long article, and I admit to not having read all of it, but...wow.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
(sarcasm mode) But it's so *easy* for women (and men) to lie about these things. They get attention, and who doesn't love attention? There's no down side to making an accusation of sexual assault. (end sarcasm mode)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I have a an older female friend, not a close friend but someone I have known for 30 some years, someone I do have lunch with from time to time. She is of another generation, about ten years older than I am. Maybe twenty years ago she testified against another woman in a sexual harassment lawsuit. Her resentment against the other woman who was younger and, I'm guessing pretty, was barely contained when she talked about it. It all happened at a state job in another county so I didn't know enough about the circs to take sides but I did say that I had enough subtle harassment over the years that I would have backed the young blonde thing. My friend was quick to jump my opinion. Her reasoning for her testimony was that this is the way men are, Honey, (The honey was to me.) and if you can't handle it, you should get out of the workplace.

At the time it made me angry because I don't have a lot in common with that older generation--I call them the teased hair, nylons and a- woman- without- a- man is a sad bag, generation.I told her that she must have come off as a bitter old skank and probably helped the young blonde thing win her case. We didn't talk for a while after that. We do have a history and several common interests so we do talk but things have been different.

I have always felt bad about saying that to a woman who is clearly not pretty, that I have always felt suffered from an inferiority hang up, and is so lacking in self worth that she equates pussy grabbing with great physical attraction. Now, not so much--s6

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I have asked Netflix 3 times on twitter why they have not fired Danny Masterson, even though they have cut ties with Kevin Spacey and Louis CK. I want to call them and ask. If I don't like the response, I may switch to Amazon Prime. Or God forbid Hulu.