• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello AW Community.

I just finished a novella at about 17,000 words. I would like to do a critique swap of about 5000 to 6000 at a time.

If anyone is interested, I'll read around 5000 to 6000 words of a short story or novel excerpt. Please send me a message here or at my email: eniac_caine @ hotmail.com.

Here are the first 199 words of the story titled THE WHITE TIGER.

When the dragons’ roars echoed across the northern cities of South Han, the trees shook from the reverberations bouncing through the mountains. Jung Min-Jeong, staring at her tawny reflection in the water swirling down the creek, lost her footing. She scrambled, her claws scraping on the wet rocks, and leapt into the mud. Nearby, she heard her brothers’ high-pitched yowls floating across the tall grass from the den.

“Older sister! Where are you?”

A growl of frustration bubbled in Min-Jeong’s chest. She padded out of the mud and into the bright yellow canolas flowering around the creek. The heavy aroma of budding petals brought back the excitement of her only human kill last spring. She’d been traveling with her parents to Gangneung City in the valley below, and they were teaching her the ways of man.

“In small numbers, they’re weak,” her father had said as they padded down the mountainside towards the city.

“But in large numbers, they’d quickly kill us,” her mom warned.

Her father nudged Min-Jeong with his broad shoulder. “If they can find us, and that’s not easy. Once we’re back in the forest, even a large group of humans would be at our mercy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.