Tabletop Gaming, yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicent

Registered
Reaction score
Was wondering something: who amongst us plays tabletop games like the Warhammer games from GW, Infinity and Malifaux? Just out of sheer and totally unhealthy curiosity.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i do...but online now. LOL but i have played them in real life.
D&D, Vampire Masquerade, L5R....just to name a few.

Vicent

Registered
Reaction score
Playing PnP online is perfectly fine IMO. Though in my experience you cannot do that with the other tabletop cathegories (and do so well).

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I play a TON of tabletop board games (Tsuro, Catan, etc) and have a soft spot for card-based tabletop games like Fluxx and Dominion. Only one I'm not a fan of really is Pandemic, which stresses me out.

My partner wants to be a DM and has all the DnD kit but we've had no luck getting a party together. Not really a huge audience for it locally. One daaaay.

And I played Vampires once, but got put off that one by the local group sharing it's room with a group of Magic the Gathering guys, who spent the night trying to corner me for conversations and bad geeky flirting. ...It was the worst, and unfortunately ruined any enjoyment I had of the RPG.

Last edited:

ASeiple

Livin' la vida biblia
Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing games of some sort for almost thirty years. Presently I've been doing a lot of Warhammer 40K, and Pathfinder.

Y'know EMaree, if your partner wants to try DMing, Play-by-post or play-by-chat is a thing. It can be a little slower than the physical tabletop method, but it's a good way to get your feet wet and try things out. There are also digital dice rolling sites, to validate rolls and keep records for honesty and posterity.

Hell, I imagine we could probably find a subforum around here that wouldn't mind hosting such a game.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Yea.

I've played Vampire: The Masquerade, Exalted, D&D (original, Basic, AD&D, 2nd ed and 3.5), Runequest, Bushido, Champions, Shadowrun, GURPS, Toon, Chivalry and Sorcery, Hackmaster, Rolemaster, Amber, Doctor Who (the old version), Paranoia, Teenagers from Outer Space, Ars Magica, and any number of homebrewed tabletop games.

My family also plays tabletop games like Munchkin, Talisman (2nd ed), Fluxx, Illuminati, etc.

My kids have played Warhammer and Warhammer 40K and Magic: The Gathering.

I started collecting and painting tabletop rpg miniatures in 1980 ... then gave it up for child-rearing and took it up again five or six years ago. I have a reasonable assortment of game-ready figures for the games I play. I have a number of figures from Malifaux and WarHammer even though I haven't played those games.

Vicent

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, a shadorun or exalted play by post could be interesting. Or even a rogue trader/WFRP2E session (you can even have a small but fierce dog!)

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Roleplaying in person is too uncomfortable, in my opinion, but I've participated in some good online games which make use of tabletop systems. These days I favor quest roleplays, which are interactive stories where the group of readers vote on what the main character will do next.

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
We have several friends who we all d&d with online. Basically we use discord for voice/chat and maptools for a virtual table and rolling. It lets you make your own maps, character and npc tokens, blackout for exploring, and players can move their own tokens, etc. It works really well and we have a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.