Gritty Microfiction Girl

MegFlick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
megflick.wordpress.com
Hi, I'm Meg. I'm new here! I'm a mom, a floral designer, a ceramicist, and generally chaotic, crafty person. I write tiny little stories, more impressionistic than clear narratives. More prosetry than straight prose or poetry. I don't really have an audience, so feedback is greatly appreciated. I've never shared these stories widely, so I have no concept of their artistic value, but I get some pleasure from them, so here we are. Thanks for checking out my work.

I'm still figuring out how this forum works, how to upload and attach files, and where to go to contribute more to the community. Any goodwill or advice pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Meg,

Welcome to AbsoluteWrite. Once you have fifty substantive posts—getting to know us and letting us get to know you—you can put your work up for feedback in our Share Your Work forum. Tool around in there and see how feedback is provided and maybe comment on some of the work yourself.

AW is a big community and a big forum; check out the index page and look for categories and threads in the areas that interest you. You'll probably make a bunch of new friends in those rooms.

Welcome, again.

Ari

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Meg. Enjoyed your intro. It told quite a bit about you, including location and interests. Much more than lots of vague intros lately. :ty:

Welcome, MegFlick, to your new home.
I look forward to your stories like a pome. (sorry! :e2paperba )

MegFlick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
megflick.wordpress.com
Hi, Meg. Enjoyed your intro. It told quite a bit about you, including location and interests. Much more than lots of vague intros lately. :ty:

Welcome, MegFlick, to your new home.
I look forward to your stories like a pome. (sorry! :e2paperba )

Hi, thanks, Chase. I appreciate that you took the time to look it over. I'm look forward to reading yours, too!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Thanks for the helpful links!

Chloe007

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Meg. Welcome. I'd love to read your MicroFiction. I'll be able to learn things from you.

RunForPresentense

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Meg! Newbies high five!
What a great way to describe your work--you had me at Gritty.
And ceramicist!? Care to share and describe your most amusing experience there? The grittier the better!? :)