• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Where to find a ghostwriter?

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It finally happened someone "had a story for me." I recommended a ghostwriter then they wanted to know where to find one. I know there is a site that has a bunch of them (illustrators, editors, and stuff too) but I can't remember what it is. Anyone?

Better forum for this question?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if you know the person 'who had a story' or how long the story is going to be, but I wouldn't recommend a ghostwriter to anyone. A good ghostwriter is not cheap and requires very, very deep pockets.

Why don't they try writing it themselves? Who knows- they may find they can write and discover it's a lot of fun - and a heck of a lot cheaper.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
They could try searching for "find authors on fiverr" and see what it gets them.

-Derek

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Fiverr was it.

I didn't want to get into the write it yourself or anything really. I didn't even say that I don't write memoirs. I just said a "great" option is a ghostwriter. They can run with it if that's what they really want to do -- but they can at least see the cost of what they are asking.