A new writer on the horizon

jaysonblades

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Jayson Blades and I am a new writer. I have bounced around from job to job and finally decided to give writing a try. I have always done well in school when it comes to writing assignments, and when I got to college I realized that I was a lot better than I thought. Although it wasn't until recently I decided to pursue writing as a career, it has filled me with passion and excitement as I can't wait to get the ball rolling and move forward with my new career path. I am still learning, and I have joined this forum to connect with other liked minded individuals and writers who can help me grow and improve my skill. I am currently working on a book and I have started a blog on how to remain spiritual in modern America. I hope to find a place within this community and you should plan on seeing me a lot! I am an open book (all pun in tended) and love to have conversations, especially debates (Former debate team captain, *cough* *cough*). I discovered this forum on the top 10 list of active communities for writers, so I look forward to building great relationships with all of you.

AcaciaNeem

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jason, I'm new here, too. Welcome to the site, and hope it is the place you're looking for to further your writing journey.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Jayson! Like you, I've been writing for awhile but only recently started to take it seriously, so we're in the same boat there. Welcome to the forums--we're glad to have you!

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Absolute Write! I hope you find many useful things here.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently working on a book and I have started a blog on how to remain spiritual in modern America.

:welcome:, Jayson.

If you scroll down to "Writing Genre" and then farther down to "Religious and Spiritual Writing," you may find some like-minded writers. :greenie

Last edited:

jaysonblades

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Jayson.

If you scroll down to "Writing Genre" and then farther down to "Religious and Spiritual Writing," you may find some like-minded writers. :greenie

Thanks chase, I'll definitely look at it. Thanks everyone for the replies and I hope to find my place here. :)

JES0428

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jayson! I'm new here, too. I found this site from the same list, I think. Good luck with your writing, I would LOVe to make writing a full time career