• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tyndale House Publishers

bloemmarc

Fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about this company?

bloemmarc

Fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
They are the publishers for the Left Behind series right?

Inspiewriter said:
Read their titles all the time. Good publisher. :)

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Yes. According to the Left Behind website which I just googled up, anyways.
Then I closed the link quickly because I felt icky.
-Barbara

bloemmarc

Fantasy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think your personal views as feeling icky are unwarranted, as that didn't pertain to the question or informayion I was seeking. It's rather offensive to me as a christian myself. Stick to the subject at hand.
batgirl said:
Yes. According to the Left Behind website which I just googled up, anyways.
Then I closed the link quickly because I felt icky.
-Barbara

Last edited:

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
bloemmarc said:
Well, I think your personal views as feeling icky are unwarranted, as that didn't pertain to the question or informayion I was seeking. It's rather offensive to me as a christian myself. Stick to the subject at hand.
Quite a few Christians are disturbed by the Left Behind books, feeling they are not representative of a loving and forgiving faith. It's a controversial series among Christians and non-Christians for that reason. Some Christians may decide that Tyndale is not for them, based on that information. I didn't read that post as attempting to be off-topic or deliberately insulting, but as simply expressing an opinion on what the publisher chooses to publish.

Ralyks

Untold stories inside
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editorskylar.com
Aconite said:
Quite a few Christians are disturbed by the Left Behind books, feeling they are not representative of a loving and forgiving faith. It's a controversial series among Christians and non-Christians for that reason. Some Christians may decide that Tyndale is not for them, based on that information. I didn't read that post as attempting to be off-topic or deliberately insulting, but as simply expressing an opinion on what the publisher chooses to publish.

Tyndale also publishes Bibles. They are simply an enormous Christian publisher. Christians who want a publisher who only publishes books that agree with every tennant of the writer's own theology will be narrowing the options considerably...

But all this discussion probably belongs in the Christina writers thread anyway. This was posted in Bewares and, in short, Tyndale is very much a legitimate publisher.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
skylarburris said:
Tyndale also publishes Bibles. They are simply an enormous Christian publisher. Christians who want a publisher who only publishes books that agree with every tennant of the writer's own theology will be narrowing the options considerably...
Yes, they will. But that is an important consideration for some Christian writers, who feel they must publish with a theologically compatible publisher.

ETA: It occurs to me as well that some Christian publishers require their authors to be able to sign a theological statement of belief in order to publish with them; authors who find books printed by that publisher theologically or personally offensive probably would not be able to do so.

But all this discussion probably belongs in the Christina writers thread anyway. This was posted in Bewares and, in short, Tyndale is very much a legitimate publisher.
Yes, agreed, to both. If anyone wants to continue the discussion about the Left Behind books, taking it to either the Religion board or the Take It Outside board will help keep this thread on-topic.

Last edited: