Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment Period Is Here

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Affordable Care Act's open enrollment period for 2018 health insurance coverage begins on Nov 1, 2017 and runs through Dec 15, 2017. Unfortunately DJT has cut the funding for advertising the open enrollment, so many people won't know about it. Try and get the word out about the enrollment period.

Link 1
enrollment info

Link 2 funding cut

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping for member who don't know about this

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In what looks like another attempt to sabotage enrollment, the enrollment website will be closed for 12 hours every Sunday, 12 AM-12 PM during the enrollment period except for 1. The claim is that the shut down is for site maintenance.

18 in person enrollment centers has been closed, the budget for promoting the open enrollment has been slashed and now a prolonged continuous shutting down of the website.

Link 1 website closure

Link 2 enrollment centers closed

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping as enrollment period approaches

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping again

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Funding for organizations helping to enroll people has been cut drastically.

Michigan Consumers for Health Care, a nonprofit group, has enrolled thousands of people in health insurance under the Affordable Care Act and was honored last year as one of the nation’s top performers — a “super navigator” that would serve as a mentor to enrollment counselors in other states.
So the group was stunned to learn from the Trump administration that its funds for assisting consumers ahead of the open enrollment period that begins Nov. 1 would be cut by 89 percent, to $129,900, from $1.2 million.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping

if any members need insurance or know someone who does, it's almost time for open enrollment.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Open enrollment is now here. Time to chose a plan or shop around for a better one.

Healthcare.gov

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
bumping this, to keep it on the main page. Still plenty of time to shop around for a better plan or find coverage.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Is the healthcare.gov link the place to send people to apply? I want to blog about this to help get the word out, but I also want to be sure I give people a place to go to take action. I have a local agent I go to in Sacramento, which I don't think will be helpful for most. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is. People can find a plan if they don't have any insurance, or compare to see if there is something better than what they currently have.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I went to see my agent today to set up my plan. I can offer another resource for those in California: Covered California's phone number is 800-300-1506, and they'll help you find a local agent. (I have no commercial relationship with these people other than as a client.) It was a lot easier having someone who was knowledgeable about the system to help navigate our way through, especially when we ran into a glitch. (Because my husband was honorably discharged from the military, for some reason the computer decided that meant he wasn't a citizen--go figure.)

She told me there's a help button on the right of the government page, and for those outside California, most states have some sort of assistance program in place, usually at the county level. But it's best to get to it quickly, since the short deadlines mean everyone's going to be swamped.