Reviewing Amazon book and they've got books on my review list I've never bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Totally not sure which forum to put this in so my apologies if it needs to be moved.

I know Amazon has removed some reviews, sometimes unfairly, under the pretense the reviewers are connected to the author. I posted three reviews of books I purchased and a page pops up with other books and products I've bought asking for reviews, standard stuff for a site like Amazon.

All the products are things I've purchased, except there are five books on my review list that I didn't buy, two of them I looked at and three I never heard of. Given everything except the five books are things I actually bought, it's so odd.

Anyone else have this happen?

I'm probably reading more into this than it warrants but it's hard to ignore, why books I have not bought when I've just reviewed three books I have?

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
If that happened to me, my most honest reaction would be, "Geez, how did I manage to forget buying FIVE separate books? Like, I don't even remember a couple of these. At what point is hubby going to have to start following me around to make sure I turned off the stove?"

Because it wouldn't be the first time I've had zero memory of buying a book that I did buy.

For you, however: It might be an error in Amazon's records. All it would take is one order mis-recorded, and you could easily wind up with five of someone else's books associated with your account.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If that happened to me, my most honest reaction would be, "Geez, how did I manage to forget buying FIVE separate books? Like, I don't even remember a couple of these. At what point is hubby going to have to start following me around to make sure I turned off the stove?"

Because it wouldn't be the first time I've had zero memory of buying a book that I did buy.

For you, however: It might be an error in Amazon's records. All it would take is one order mis-recorded, and you could easily wind up with five of someone else's books associated with your account.

:ROFL:

First thing I thought was, 'did I buy these books and not remember'?

But, no, I'm sure I didn't buy them. It is possible the three I have no recollection of I may have searched for, but I definitely didn't buy any of the five books in question on the list.

The other thing is, I've searched for hundreds of books besides those two. I'm always looking at publishers and the stats of books from writers I come across in my forum ventures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.