List your newly discovered authors

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They don't need to be "new" just "new" to you authors. I have to thank amazon's "take a look" feature where you can read the first few pages of a book. I don't download books, I either buy them or take them out from the library.

I recently read Wildwood by Drusilla Campbell and now I'm reading Blood orange and loving it. She's a great writer and if you like women's fiction I recommend her. Another author I came across was Diane Chamberlain and recently read Summers Child which was great and once I finish Blood orange I will read The Silent Sister.

So a few "new to me" authors I've discovered are:
Drusilla Campbell
Diane Chamberlain
Kristen Hannah

I'm always up for discovering "new" authors, so I look forward to seeing everyone's "new" discoveries.

autumnleaf

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I recently discovered Marie Brennan, who writes mainly historical fantasy. I finished the Oynx Court series and am currently making my way through the Lady Trent series.

EmilyEmily

Registered
Reaction score
Elizabeth Jane Howard. I recently discovered her Cazalet series, and I'm giddily excited to finish them all over the next week (school break).

oneblindmouse

The new me
Registered
Reaction score
I recently discovered the historical novelist Elizabeth Chadwick. I enjoyed her A Place Beyond Courage, set in the war between Stephen and Matilda, a period about which I knew very little, and I'm now reading the sequel, The greatest knight, about William Marshall, which is set during the reign of Henry II and his son Henry, the young king.

I also recently discovered (at my sister's insistence) Mick Herron and his series of spy thrillers, which is a genre I never read. I started with Slow horses, and enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to get the next one!