AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: List your newly discovered authors

practical experience, FTW Jan74's Avatar

List your newly discovered authors

They don't need to be "new" just "new" to you authors. I have to thank amazon's "take a look" feature where you can read the first few pages of a book. I don't download books, I either buy them or take them out from the library.

I recently read Wildwood by Drusilla Campbell and now I'm reading Blood orange and loving it. She's a great writer and if you like women's fiction I recommend her. Another author I came across was Diane Chamberlain and recently read Summers Child which was great and once I finish Blood orange I will read The Silent Sister.

So a few "new to me" authors I've discovered are:
    Drusilla Campbell
    Diane Chamberlain
    Kristen Hannah

I'm always up for discovering "new" authors, so I look forward to seeing everyone's "new" discoveries.

"You fail only if you stop writing" ~Ray Bradbury~
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs" ~Stephen King~
    WIP Romance or Women's fiction, hopefully by the end I'll know.
    "If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word." ~Margaret Atwood~
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." ~Mary Angelou~

practical experience, FTW autumnleaf's Avatar
    I recently discovered Marie Brennan, who writes mainly historical fantasy. I finished the Oynx Court series and am currently making my way through the Lady Trent series.
    https://taleswildatlantic.wordpress.com/
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    ~ Adam Savage, Mythbusters

practical experience, FTW EmilyEmily's Avatar
    Elizabeth Jane Howard. I recently discovered her Cazalet series, and I'm giddily excited to finish them all over the next week (school break).

I recently discovered the historical novelist Elizabeth Chadwick. I enjoyed her A Place Beyond Courage, set in the war between Stephen and Matilda, a period about which I knew very little, and I'm now reading the sequel, The greatest knight, about William Marshall, which is set during the reign of Henry II and his son Henry, the young king.

I also recently discovered (at my sister's insistence) Mick Herron and his series of spy thrillers, which is a genre I never read. I started with Slow horses, and enjoyed it immensely. I can't wait to get the next one!

"Strange Destinies" by Guillermo Rubio Arias-Paz, translated from the Spanish and out now on Amazon and the Endless Bookcase.

Goodreads

practical experience, FTW
    Friedrich Dürrenmatt. Appears to be a literary sibling of people like Georges Simenon and Alain Robbe-Grillet in writing literary mysteries.

caw
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

-- Terry Pratchett