Hello All

JES0428

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Jodi and I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful community.
I am a mom of two little ones, a full time administrator at a high school, and an aspiring author. I am trying to find a balance in my life that allows plenty of time for writing, but I am finding it somewhat difficult.
I am currently working on a fiction novel in the romance/mystery genre.
I am excited to dive in and get to know everyone. Oh, and I am from California šŸ˜Š

BetaPositive

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Jodi! Welcome from yet another newbie!

My advice on the work/writing balance: be careful not to neglect other aspects of your life. You still need to see family/friends and relax!

Felix

Registered
Reaction score
I and welcome from another newbie! It's nearly impossible to do sometimes but I took advice I read elsewhere and I try to carve out one hour a day. Those hours add up!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Jodi. Take some time to look around--lots of good mystery and romance people here, and of course there's plenty to do here that's not genre-specific, from politics to cooking to just plain silliness. Oh, and don't speak to the people lurking in the shadows. They're the ones who are too scared to join, or maybe to post, but if we pretend we don't see them, most of them eventually step into the light.

Maryn, who lurked for a while, long ago

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Donā€™t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other membersā€™ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Hereā€™s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:, Jodi. Long, long ago, I taught six years of high school English before going on to grad studies. It was after ten years in the army, but high schoolers were scarier foes. :greenie

I also write mysteries with a touch of romance and light humor such as Partners in Crime, The Thin Man, and Mr. and Mrs. North.

I think you'll like it here.

JES0428

Registered
Reaction score
How do we get the password to visit the SYW board? For some reason when I click the link, the page comes up blank.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The password for most of the Share Your Work (SYW) boards is vista. (No capitals, no italics.) That's all you'll need unless you write poetry or erotica. You can see the password by looking at the page named Forum, which you can reach by clicking on the word Forum on the upper left of any AW page, then by scrolling down to the AW Writing Lab portion and clicking on Share Your Work. Or by clicking on this delightful link provided for your convenience.

Maryn, trying to be helpful since she wrote exactly one page in the entire afternoon

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Jodi, nice to meet you. I see you already posted in the Romance SYW group with a critique - I look forward to seeing you posting more and eventually look forward to reading your own work when you're ready to post :)

Articulate Lady

Seductive Artist of Words and Ideas
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there Jodi!

Work and home life is always difficult to balance when you're trying to write. I love this newbies section because I am getting to learn all the little nuances of this site. Anyway, when I can access that area, I will come by and take a look at your piece. I am really excited to get into more of this site!

Good luck with everything, and see you around!