Irma is a jerk

AR_Kingston

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to get it out there, Irma is my least favorite name now (sorry if your name is Irma). Dang hurricane is really putting a damper on things. I was hoping to get my second rounds of edits finished and start looking for Beta-readers, but alas if this girl hits that's not going to happen. As is, I already spent 3 hours fighting the lines for some canned goods while people fought over water. And tomorrow I still have to get up and drive my son to the rink, because they would rather choke than shut the place down for a few days. Sorry for venting, just a bit annoyed at the moment. :rant:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stay safe, AR_Kingston.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I understand your angst. Do stay safe and keep us updated. Best of luck to you, your family, and everyone around you. Maybe it will be turned. Fingers crossed for you.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're sorry Irma is messing up your desired routine, but like everyone said, being safe has to the the highest priority when Irma is approaching.

I'd make an Irma-la-Douche joke if it wasn't being unfair to douches.

Maryn

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Irma is a darned scary storm, currently looking to become stronger than they thought it was possible for a hurricane to become in her area. Don't let irritation lull you out of vigilance; make sure you're prepared.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Yeah. The days of hurricane parties and c'est la vie pretty much ended after Katrina.

Do what you gotta do to be safe. These storms are different than the storms of twenty or thirty years ago.

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. The days of hurricane parties and c'est la vie pretty much ended after Katrina.

Wait... was this a thing? I mean, I love a good storm but here in Toronto, "a good storm" is usually as intense as they get.

I can't stop reading and watching videos on Irma. I'm so worried for all the islands in its path. Love the Caribbean and hope the people living there will be safe and smart.

AR_Kingston

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm still alive, most of the house is too, internet not so much. And Hurricane Parties are still a thing, just for small hurricanes, Irma did not get one, but Maria might. But Maria also means that the ATT gremlins won't fix my internet connection anytime soon either. I do miss chatting on this forum too, which is a bummer.