Favorite Sugar Free/Diabetic Friendly Recipes

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Specifically interested in smaller batch goodies that travel well and don't need to be refrigerated.

One of my favorite things to do is bake stuff to bring in for the ~50 drivers and office staff I work with, usually every week or two. But, one of the other dispatchers and one of the drivers are both diabetic. I'd really like to include them by making things they can have too. Especially the other dispatcher, who has a tendency to eat whatever I make even though he really, really shouldn't. I know I'm not liable for his choices, but I would be upset if he made himself sick too, you know?

I haven't really worked much with alternative ingredients, so any tips or tricks for tweaking existing recipes are also welcome. Preferably without relying too much on artificial sweeteners, but I readily admit that's a personal hangup and not a make-or-break requirement.

meaghangray

Registered
Reaction score
It's awesome that you're so considerate, but depending on their blood sugar levels, diabetics can eat sugar. In fact, sometimes they need to. Personally, I'd recommend just trying to stick to lower sugar recipes (avoid things like butter tarts and caramels), but not worry about going sugar-free.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
One of them can do low sugar yes, but the other cannot and specifically requested sugar free. To my knowledge both are Type II, not sure how much affect that has.