• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anyone looking for a Fantasy critique partner/group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
I'm starting a new writing project, the third book in a trilogy. I'm more concerned with finding someone who just likes a good story. Basic question: does the current draft make sense?

Have been in several critique groups. Last long running group disbanded due to health and career issues. Local writer's group people are either in established, full groups or aren't interested in fantasy.

Project is sort of realistic fantasy with new adult characters chasing demons.

EmSalah29

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting a new writing project, the third book in a trilogy. I'm more concerned with finding someone who just likes a good story. Basic question: does the current draft make sense?
Project is sort of realistic fantasy with new adult characters chasing demons.

Hi! New member here! Your story sounds interesting! I love fantasy and I am currently writing fantasy. I also work as an English Language Teacher and have a joint degree in English and Creative Writing :) If you want I can help with critiquing and tell you what is working or not, if that is something you are looking for?

Arjani

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! New member here! Your story sounds interesting! I love fantasy and I am currently writing fantasy. I also work as an English Language Teacher and have a joint degree in English and Creative Writing :) If you want I can help with critiquing and tell you what is working or not, if that is something you are looking for?

What type of fantasy do you write? I need a critique buddy to.

The Grump

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hi. at the moment, I'm still marketing for a book There Be Demons coming out on 26 Sept. But I've got about 10 chapters in various stages of development for the third book in a demons wars trilogy. My Andor books are sort of paranormal, magical realism, part of the reason being that my magic system is rooted in physics.

Short: The heros of the first two books team up in spite of their personal and philosophical conflicts to mop an effort from stray demons to organize to set up a territory of their own on Andor. How I accomplish that in a story is up in the air. I write about 500 words a day on working days and plan to seriously start writing when I get all the prep done for some blog tours.

Possible blurb: Two young mage teams must learn to cooperate in spite of their tolerance of preternaturals to defeat a coalition of demons determined to set up a safe have in Andor.

If the premise interests you, maybe we can arrange to set up an exchange where we comment on 2-3000 words every other week? PM me if interested.

What are you working on? In previous critque groups, I've found discussion of submitted work was the most constructive. I think a group would work for three-four people if anyone else is interested.

The Grump

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hi ... what kind of world? European or one of the other possibilities. I have a drafted 600,000+ words dealing with genetic drift among an elf/human population. But I want to get the third book of my demon war trilogy out of the way. It doesn't mean you'd have to read the first two. I want the third book to be a stand a lone.

A repeat of above post: Possible blurb: Two young mage teams must learn to cooperate in spite of their tolerance of preternaturals to defeat a coalition of demons determined to set up a safe have in Andor.

If the premise interests you, maybe we can arrange to set up an exchange where we comment on 2-3000 words every other week? PM me if interested.

What are you working on? In previous critque groups, I've found discussion of submitted work was the most constructive. I think a group would work for three-four people if anyone else is interested.

The Grump

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hi... Arjani ... thought I'd answer because I'm itching to start writing again. The marketing for There Be Demons is getting me down.

I have two worlds I've drafted stories in: a historical alternative Britainia world of a hybred group of elf/humans and a semi-modern magically realistic world of Andor which is being invaded by demons.

Again. I'll repost a possible plan to do critiques if you're interested.

Possible blurb: Two young mage teams must learn to cooperate in spite of their tolerance of preternaturals to defeat a coalition of demons determined to set up a safe have in Andor.

Status
Not open for further replies.