Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: September Challenge Write (More) Every Day!

Hey DL - thinking of you
    Keithy - sequence today, & here's to words coming up!
    Katy - wow. 1078. Winning!

I'm going to skip today. It's a distracting, disorganized kind of day.

But here's to more words, all round
    すべての武器を楽器に
    Of all instruments of war, make instruments of music

Whittling Away My Writer's Block D.L. Shepherd's Avatar
    Thanks Layla and heykatydid (and nice job on your WIP too heykaty!). Sorry I was so depressing yesterday. Feeling a bit better now, so it's time to move forward.

Had some free time today and I've been picking at it bit (instead of going through depressing photos) and so far I've changed around a short scene and added 250 new words. Hoping to get a little more before I call it a day, but even if I don't, at least I picked it back up again.

Keithy...hope you (and everyone who has not checked in yet) had a better day today.

Day 22
    Nothing, but it was quite expected. Had people coming over and had to sort everything for that, and had work to do in the day. The weekend will be for catching up on some words!

D.L. - Good thoughts and hugs to you.
    katy - Nice! That's why it's important to try even if you're not feeling up to it. I need to get back into that habit!

Had a much better day today. Something like 600 new words, although some old ones have been removed and there's a few things to tidy up. Chapter 31 had its POV changed and the dialogue sharpened up. Chapter 36 had a POV change and a minor character deleted. It's amazing what can be done if I can get on with it! I should finish remodelling this plot by Sunday. Fingers crossed!

BTW if you're wondering about the chapter leaps, I have deleted several chapters and have not yet renumbered those that remain.

Just keep swimming everyone!

Day 22 - 278 words and the realization that the dialogue I stopped after just barely starting could actually be one of those magical things full of subtext and foreshadowing ...... if I handle it right. So of course I mentally vapor-locked, promising myself to think about it and then get back to it, only to spend the entire day without any reprieve from the delights that are my small children. There are days when it is hard to write mentally, and then there are days when it is not worth the effort of trying to write physically because of the unwinnable battle of trying to keep tiny hands off the keys...

Sounds like it has been kind of that kind of day all around though. Here's to hoping the weekend is better for all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567