Who knows what they're going to write already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
About the only time AW gets mentioned on the NaNo boards is in the recommended sites page. I don't think there's ever really been any sort of member gathering page.

froglivers

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh this is exciting! I always love NaNo anticipation in October, even if... I'm just going to keep on keeping on with the first draft I'm drafting right now. Dogear the corners from Nov 1 to 30, to see if NaNo gave it an extra kick. But otherwise, yeah, in the middle of writing now, will still be in the middle of it when November's over. But I think I most look forward to everyone jumping back in on the NaNo site and writing together, wherever they are in the world. :D

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
About the only time AW gets mentioned on the NaNo boards is in the recommended sites page. I don't think there's ever really been any sort of member gathering page.

I usually make one in the Writing Groups and clubs page. Haven't made one yet this year, though.

ETA: Made it.

Last edited:

edutton

Ni. Peng. Neee-Wom.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to use it to draft my MG novel... not sure exactly how long it will wind up being, but being MG it's at least conceivable that if I "win" I could have a complete story at the end.

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
After playing around with something I wrote in 2011 and decided I never wanted to look at again, my muse is now making an unexpected push to revive a fantasy I haven't touched since 2008. I randomly opened the file because I was looking at a newer story that's vaguely related and discovered that I really want to know what happens next.

Pantser problems: no, I don't know what happens next, even though I'm the writer. I didn't know what happened next back in 2008 when I stopped writing it, either, which makes me a bit uncertain about trying again. I suppose I'll probably have to do a bit of... *shiver*... planning.

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for making the thread! I'm really pushing to win this year - for the first time ever, haha.

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
I am writing a Western novel. I started it for Camp Nano in April when I didn't win. This November I might win.

My western story happens East of Mississippi (ie around Mississippi river) around the Louisiana Purchase and up to 1830s, when it was still Wild West there. Its title can be translated in English as "Other turmoils of life". It is the sequel of a historical novel already published, "Lives in turmoil", covering 1780s-1804 mostly (with two last chapters tying up the story a bit later, with a role of a sort of an epilogue). (But up to 1802 it wasn't western, it was historical fiction set in Italy during Napoleonic Wars, the Jacobine rush of "liberty, equality, fraternity"_)

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
I finished the draft of the next novel in the Brides of Brevalia series, ROYALLY SCHEMING. It was great to have the encouragement of other members here as we all tried to write daily. I am going to try and clean up and do the first round of revisions. It's always easier for me if I have a plan and know where I am going, so there's not as much wasted writing. Sounds like others are going to do the same. Would be nice to have a thread to log in our daily word totals for the day. That worked on another thread where we did our drafts.

tn_writer

Registered
Reaction score
This will be my 9th NaNo. And I've never won. Ugh. CampNaNo is more my speed. Anyway, this NaNo I'll be working on the second book in a historical fiction trilogy. Again. Good luck to you all!

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
Wow. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact the original post was made in AUGUST! :greenie

I only decided this week that I was doing NaNo and for my novel I'm choosing to write the sequel to my very first NaNo novel (which I did not win with). It's a science fiction/fantasy/adventure/action/romance.

Eilyfe

Registered
Reaction score
I will start the sequel to my fantasy novel (which I will write judiciously in a way that it can be stand-alone, should the first novel never be picked up). I've been bouncing ideas around for a few weeks in my head. It takes place in a desert setting. There will be warring tribes, one woman to unite them, chanting voices as legends are told in mushroom hazes, big rhino-like creatures for crossing the desert, and pounding drums while thunderheads rear above.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
"Steppepunk Guy Gavriel Kay meets Joe Abercrombie, with a dash of James Michener."

Not really tho. But that's the tagline! I did a NaNo about three years ago, won, and the novel went straight in the trunk but that's how these things go sometimes. I've done camps at least once or twice every year since then, which are a little less stressful, but I've girded my loins and am ready to step up to this beast again.

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm venturing into the luuuuuurve story territory. I suck at describing romantic relationships ;) so I'm going to use nano as an exercise. Barry White would be obligatory background music :e2brows: :e2file: :roll:

Evabeth

Registered
Reaction score
;) This year I've chosen to edit my previous NaNo novels. I've need to write in the missing scenes and correct grammatical errors.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Couldn't get inspired enough to work out a plan of attack for the revision, nor even to reread that novel. And we're 3 days away!

Chatting with a couple of people this week (writer and non-writer), and I was inspired to write a new book in my paranormal bromance universe. These are characters that I love and write short stories for all the time, but unfortunately the novel I wrote for them (2012 NaNo) has a major problem in the form of the love interest, on whom the plot revolves around, and I've never been able to fix her.

The other problem the original had was that there was this giant backstory I refused to lose that took up three chapters at the beginning of the story. It introduced the main characters' relationship with each other, which I felt was vital. But I could easily cannibalize it for this story, where the consequences of that backstory are directly responsible for the Big Bad. I can see using it in book 2 (if I ever whip book 1 into shape) rather than book 1 as a "Now that you know these characters, see how they met" sort of thing, and the backstory only alluded to in the original.

The hard part will be making this book standalone in case it's significantly better and I never fix book 1. There are important things about the nature of the main characters' relationship and their knowledge of ghosts that I can't imagine avoiding in a full novel.

Anyway, I might not have cared to reread last year's novel, but I'm all about reading a ghost story in the next 3 days :greenie Too bad I didn't spend this month putting together a soundtrack with all my Halloween songs (It's okay, I have an entire supplemental Paranormal Bromance soundtrack to pull from. Finding songs for these guys was never a problem).

tenuki

Registered
Reaction score
second book in my series, have out to book 3 planned, hope to make a good dent

peartree

Registered
Reaction score
I decided to just do an idea I've had sculling around for awhile - sci fi/fantasy-ish - that I've never put down before. Going full hog for a big challenge.

iszevthere

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to start on my Peter Pan retelling. I need to write a prologue for the story so that I fully understand Hook and Smee's May/December English-American/Irish-Canadian relationship. So far, it's playing out in my head and they're so cute together. Smee makes me laugh a lot. I'm excited to learn where the story goes.

DarienW

Registered
Reaction score
Just at a glance through all of your posts--I'm so excited! Let's do this people. Sage, what you have been working on sounds interesting. tenuki, I'm going to do book 4--did book 3 last time! Best of luck!
Any of you with a raw concept--my lawd--best of luck. I so admire that bravery! I'm plotting my brains out trying to add some twists to my thriller.

I love the encouragement and support on nano. Sorry for being so late to the party here--I've been plotting, LOL!

Hope to see you all on the nano site!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
:e2smack: Only about 32 hours to go (for me, at least), and I'm only just now pondering what to write. Because I like punishing myself. But also because the only way to get through the other end of this depression and writing is with brute force. *polite cough*

All right, time to delve into the "Adopt a Title" lists and pick something. Hold me!

LLTisdel

Registered
Reaction score
Website
illumismart.blogspot.com
I'm working on a middle grade fantasy and a web-comic designed to introduce the world-building. My goal is to get a good chunk of the novel finished in November, but my main focus is getting the web comic out. (So I'm doing things a little differently than past Nanos!) I'm looking forward to sharing the world and illustrated characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.