Yo, Youse Guys

GregFH

Registered
Reaction score
And that's about the extent of my New Yorkese, although have lived here since 1978.

I once, maybe twenty-five years ago, had a short story published. Back in 2008, I wrote another short story, as part of an political debate about the presidential election issues in an email discussion group. Ever since, in my spare time, I've been working on turning it into a full-fledged novel. I'm at just over 141K words, and close to done. It's a combination of medical science and politics, sort of Michael Crichton meets Allen Drury, although not in their league, of course. Have spent my career as a lawyer, so have done plenty of writing, but legalese, even if you try to make it sound literary, is quite a bit different than fiction writing.

Am wrestling with bringing the main plot and subplots to a climax together. Have 31 of 37 chapters finished, and the last six are partly written with the rest of the parts outlined, although writing the last few chapters has become something of a slog. Having some trouble getting the final twists and turns to come out right and finding language to make it as engaging as I'd like it to be. It's easier to create suspense than resolve it.

Came across this site while cruising the internet for ideas on novel writing. So here I be. Easier to write this than the next paragraph in my novel! ;-)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, yo, Greg! I think I recognize you from when I passed through New York on my way back to Montana in 1962. Yeah, youse is the guy.

Congratulations on nearing completion of your novel. :welcome:!

GregFH

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, yo, Greg! I think I recognize you from when I passed through New York on my way back to Montana in 1962. Yeah, youse is the guy.

Congratulations on nearing completion of your novel. :welcome:!

I was in grade school in western New York State in 1962. LOL