AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Murder my Darling

Sailing in a sea of mushroom... Nerdilydone's Avatar

Murder my Darling

So I'm looking for a beta reader for my 21k fantasy/scifi story. Yes, it is both, but it leans more toward the sci fi. It's a bit of a weird, trippy story, one that I hope to see published in a magazine. It's a story about a girl who finds herself in another world, for reasons she doesn't understand. It relates to themes of uncertainty in life choices, self-esteem, and what our decisions say about us as individuals.

As the title of this thread suggests, I am looking for a tough beta-er, one who is not going to pull any punches. Preferably someone who has beta'ed a lot before, and is from a scifi/fantasy background in their own work. Please post or pm me if you are interested.

I adore the science fantasy genre (and am trying to write it).

I also approve of your thread title. Very funny.

If you haven't found a reader yet, I'll give it a look. I do a fair amount of crits in syw and have swapped with, or read for, around five AWers at this point.
    "Though one evil spirit may drive a woman out of Eden, all the devils in hell cannot drive Heaven out of a woman."

-- George MacDonald