Hello There

Singcali

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone.
I think I might have messed up on my first post. You live and you learn. So here's me trying again, with a better introduction. :Shrug:

A friend told me about this site. Am really glad I checked it out.
Between working and writing the last two years or so, I've not had much time for anything else.

I love writing, it helps me unwind. I am a fantasy adventure fan.

THankfully and with much gratitude, my novel was accepted by a small publisher and is set to come out next year.

Talk about nerves. This is all new to me. I started braving these waters a little later in life.

Um. Was not sure if I should have posted my real name here. So I made one up for the forum. I saw some cool names.
Anyone have a point of view about this?

In any case.
I'm Caroline and I am excited to navigate this forum.

Glad to be here. I love reading everyone's experience. It's great to be able to share.

Thanks again.

(Caroline)
Singcali

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Caroline! Welcome and congratulations on your forthcoming book. Hope to see you around.
:snoopy:

Ally_K

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, there!
Welcome! I'm very new here, too. Congratulations on your book! I have been working on my book for two years too, juggling between that, work and university. Though I'm going to be a self-publisher, so I'm very interested about your story.
I hope, that I'm not too pressing here :D
I would love to know how hard/easy it was for you to find a publisher. Did they make any changes to your book? Was it a hard decision to be published traditionally, or do you think you should have been self-publishing your book? How did it actually work with the publishing, what did you have to do to get published traditionally?
Regards,
Ally_K

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Caroline. There are varying opinions about whether or not to use your real name. I guess it depends on how anonymous you want to be. Either way is perfectly acceptable. :welcome:

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Welcome to the Water Cooler.

Don't worry about messing up. *grin* I've been here for what feels like forever and still screw up posting from time to time. Thank goodness there's an edit function here.

I started out using a pseudonym, but eventually decided to post my real name when I started helping Writer Beware out. Besides, I try not to say anything here I wouldn't own up to in real life anyway.

Glad to see you joined our merry band of idi ---:e2tomato:, I mean our estemed membership. :partyguy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.