Hi there. Unpublished author here.

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, and thanks to whoever the admin was that helped get my account activated after I didn't receive a validation email.

Not sure if people go by their real names or handles here, so for now, I'm Byeka. I've written a YA urban fantasy novel and will eventually be hoping to post in the share my work forum for a query critique, but not until I've sufficiently contributed first ;)

Anyway, hello to all other writers.

I'm also an indie game developer who started learning to code last October. I've released one game on Google Play since then and have a growing YouTube channel where I post game dev tutorials.

Cheers!

Shemshari

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Byeka,

Welcome to AW. I'm new to the forum as well. I think people here go by handles, or at least that's what I chose to do. Good luck on refining and publishing.

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks very much! And I suppose in that case, also welcome to you, fellow newbie :).

underpope

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.underpope.com
Hi Byeka,

I'm pretty new too. Well, in a way. I joined something like eleven years ago, then promptly forgot. I only remembered that this forum exists a couple of weeks ago and have been hanging out since then.

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks underpope! Your join date to post count just suggests you have mastered the art of being a forum lurker :p

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Your thanks go to Lisa, aka AW Admin, her super awesomeness keeps AW running.

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again for the welcomes everyone, and a special thanks to Lisa for helping activate my account. I still have no idea what happened to that validation email... lol.

Good to see there are so many active people here. Inactivity can kill a forum.

regdog, I appreciate all the info and no worries, I definitely want a critique but not until I've sufficiently earned it! I have no plan on spamming or speed boosting to get there.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Byeka. Real names or handles--doesn't matter here. Enjoy your time here, there's a lot of wonderful information and really great people. :welcome:

Anita M Shaw

Creating new worlds since 1954
Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwNovelsByNeenah.com
Welcome to the board! It's so nice to find one where there are people here the same time you are! So many have just faded away . . .

I gave up on handles -too many good ones I wanted to use - and just use my name . . . although sometimes I use a nickname which is also part of my romance pen name.

scarletdaggerwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Stacey aka scarletdaggerwriter. As you may know the username, I'm currently editing my superhero/thriller YA novel (In second draft) and I'm super excited to meet everyone here! And it's so nice to meet you all! :Sun: