Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Seeking beta for YA contemporary--will gladly swap!

Seeking beta for YA contemporary--will gladly swap!

Hi! I've been lucky enough to find amazing beta readers on this board, so...here I am again! . I'm currently seeking a beta for a YA contemp/road trip novel (it comes in at around 50,000 words). What I'm looking for are hiccups in the plot, issues with pacing/lag, etc. I'll be more than happy to do a swap--since I write YA, I'm probably most conversant with that category, and with regard to genres, I have a (very) soft spot for thrillers, horror, or contemporary. I'm not particularly strong with fantasy, but I'd be willing to give it a try!

Thank you so much in advance, and if you're interested, please shoot me a PM!

Hello there Hester,
    Would you be willing to accept feedback from a brand spanking new beta reader? This would be my first beta read on AW but my background is auditing/editing technical writing so my eye is tuned for accurate content, flow and consistency along with the usual newbie stuff like spelling and grammar, lol.
    I'd love to jump in head first, just let me know!
    Thanks,
    Colleen
    -Co.

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." -Wernher von Braun

Hi! Are you still looking for readers? I'll send you a PM.