Introduction

Reaction score
Website
hariscolic.wixsite.com
Hello to everyone.

I found AbsoluteWrite few days ago, as I was searching info about Austin Macauley publishers Ltd. I was just interested to check them out even I don't have a book to publish. They seemed kind of sketchy. I found a lot of useful info on this forum and I have to admit, It was kind of overwhelming.

Let me tell you a little bit something about myself:

-English is not my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes you might notice.
-I write fiction and poetry both in English and in my native language.
-I am 24 years old. I'm about to get my masters degree in biochemistry and physiology (in October).
-I have published fiction and poetry in my native language and I'm just getting started when it comes to publishing in English language.

I started writing in English a few months ago, even tough I'm fluent in English and I have a rich vocabulary, my grammar is a not that good.

I started googling magazines and a few months ago I also started submitting. I noticed most of magazines uses submittable for submissions and I like that system. Two of my poems will appear in "The Literary Hatchet" (Tell me what you think about that magazine) in August issue (#18) and one of my poem will be published in 2018 in "The Coil", published by Alternating current press.

I never pay for my submissions, I only submit to those magazines who don't charge anything.

I know this is my first post on this forum, but I have to ask you if you could give me some advices about what magazines to avoid and here's the list of the magazines I'm waiting for response:

Rattle, The Blueshift journal, Pain (Partus Press), SAND journal, Virginia quarterly review, Weasel Press, The bitter Oleander Press, Pantheon Magazine, Burnt Pine magazine, Profane, Crannong, Beloit poetry journal, POETRY, Arkana, The Lascaux Review, Lime Hawk.

Hope I didn't bore you with my long introduction.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment on anything mentioned in my post. Ask me anything you want to know.

Last edited:

Atlantic12

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Harris, welcome from another newbie. I can't help with the magazines you listed, but it sounds like you're well on your way. Good luck!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Shemshari

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Harris,

I am new to the forums as well. I am working on a fantasy trilogy right now but, like you I recently started submitting some freelance work. It can be overwhelming at times, but keep at it and you will succeed.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Harris. Your English seems pretty great to me. Good luck with the publishing and enjoy the forum! :hi: