Greetings and Salutations

gmwhitley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gmwhitley.com
I joined Absolute Write in 2013 but have no recollection of doing so - at the time I had a five year old, a three year old, and two year old twins so I ask forgiveness for this.

I've been writing since 2012, done some indie-publishing but now that the kids are a week from ALL being in elementary school I'm ready to throw myself into the nitty gritty business of getting traditionally published.

I just got into Viable Paradise 21 and my future roomie (@dmbeucler) is very savvy and sent me a ton of useful information - including a suggestion to join Absolute Write. Thus I tried to join and discovered I was already a member...

I've got a fully-drafted novel and the first 8k words will be workshopped at VP, then I plan to submit to agents and prepare myself mentally for the rejections to follow.

Anyway, I've read many of the FAQs and Guides and hope I haven't missed anything! What are your favorite forums? Where should I get started. It's a little overwhelming!!

Guang Ming Whitley

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Absolute Write! Hope you'll find what you need here.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
. . . at the time I had a five year old, a three year old, and two year old twins so I ask forgiveness for this.

Okay, I forgive you, but the twins make it harder to do so. No chance of giving away the five-year-old, huh? :Shrug:

:welcome:, anyway. :greenie

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I joined Absolute Write in 2013 but have no recollection of doing so - at the time I had a five year old, a three year old, and two year old twins so I ask forgiveness for this.

I've been writing since 2012, done some indie-publishing but now that the kids are a week from ALL being in elementary school I'm ready to throw myself into the nitty gritty business of getting traditionally published.

I just got into Viable Paradise 21 and my future roomie (@dmbeucler) is very savvy and sent me a ton of useful information - including a suggestion to join Absolute Write. Thus I tried to join and discovered I was already a member...

I've got a fully-drafted novel and the first 8k words will be workshopped at VP, then I plan to submit to agents and prepare myself mentally for the rejections to follow.

Anyway, I've read many of the FAQs and Guides and hope I haven't missed anything! What are your favorite forums? Where should I get started. It's a little overwhelming!!

Guang Ming Whitley

Hi there and welcome!

Nice to see more VPers. We've got a lot of alums here.

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! (again...sorta ;) )

I can see why you would have got distracted by all those kids, and forgotten you joined here!

My fave forums are the Share Your Work forums, but I know there's a lot more to AW than just those, like political discussions, etc. I'm here for the serious business of getting my novels into a publishable state, though, hence why I stick mostly to the SYW forums.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, GM. The forum is quite large, so I suggest finding one or two threads that stick out to you and reading the stickies, getting involved in a few conversations, and go from there. Finding people who write the same genre as you do may help as well. Anyway, welcome and good luck! :welcome: