• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's that word?

danaberrywrites

Registered
Reaction score
Today I had one of those moments when your writing and your brain freezes, and you can't remember the word you want to use. So here's a description of the word I am searching for but can't remember. Help.

When a woman applies lipstick and immediately pops her lips to blend it.

Is there a specific word for that???

M.C.Statz

Little fish in a big pond
Registered
Reaction score
Pucker and purse are two of the many things I do with my lips. Never used lipstick though

LeftyLucy

Registered
Reaction score
I know what you're describing and I'm not sure if there's a specific word for that, but I think "blot" - even though it's slightly different - will get most people there.

JetFueledCar

tiny hedgehog
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think there's a word for that because I'm trying to remember learning to put on lipstick and I'm pretty sure Mom just went "Now go like this" and rubbed her lips together. I would just call it that, to be honest.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Today I had one of those moments when your writing and your brain freezes, and you can't remember the word you want to use. So here's a description of the word I am searching for but can't remember. Help.

When a woman applies lipstick and immediately pops her lips to blend it.

Is there a specific word for that???

She folds her lips to blend it?

Although I'm not sure why that would need to be described.

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Personally, I like the way you described it. Can you just say, 'She popped her lips to blend it'? It's unique. Works for me....

Enoise

Registered
Reaction score
Smack her lips. Though pop still reads fine.

Singcali

Registered
Reaction score
Purse her lips, then blot. Smack has a nice sound ( mental). Think everyone would know what that means after pursing for the lipstick.