Several years ago I lived next door to...

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Several years ago I lived next door to a Time Lord. Happy days. We used to go and watch Trumper Bay Lightning in the air-hockey... and do you remember that amazing benefit gig when Elvis played with the Beatles...

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Several years ago I lived next door to a body farm. Spring storms could be deafening, as the green-bud babies wailed on their windblown stalks, and on hot summer days the stink of sweat could be indescribable. But it had its upsides, too; I could usually find a few nice bodies left behind by the robot harvesters in the fall, which really helped with the student loans.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Several years ago I lived next door to an empty lot where, years and years before, a house had once stood with a big old garden. Kids in the neighborhood were warned to keep away from it after several contracted tetanus from being scratched by a blackberry thicket in one corner, and not even the yellowjackets would touch the apples that fell from the gnarled tree in front.

Don Evan Scott

I have a pet snake named Sparky :)
Registered
Reaction score
Several years ago I lived next to a potato chip factory. There was a man who once worked there but who was fired because he had been caught doing unspeakable things with the potato peeler. She was fired too.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Several years ago, I lived next door to a lost civilization. Seems that, while they were experts in many fields and possessed near-miraculous abilities, they'd never gotten around to inventing cartography or discovering the compass, so they all ended up stuck in a subdivision. I suggested once that they try using constellations to navigate their way home, but they were, as a race, very nearsighted, and dismissed the stars as a superstitious fiction.