First Draft Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribery.net
In a forum full of writers I realize this isn't a major milestone but I've just finished the first draft of my first novel. ^_^ Feels amazing!

Now I've got all these nagging doubts, places where I think I should add more detail, and straight up agony wondering if it's any good. Ahh, the life of a writer. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Magnificent Bastard

maybe a demon
Registered
Reaction score
Finishing a [stage of a] project is always a major milestone! Congrats :)

Are you jumping straight into editing right away, or letting it rest for a bit now?

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woot! Congrats, Amyall. :hooray:

amyall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribery.net
Thanks for the support, everyone. It's nice to celebrate with folks who've been through this before. ^_^

Finishing a [stage of a] project is always a major milestone! Congrats :)

Are you jumping straight into editing right away, or letting it rest for a bit now?

My plan is to hand the piece off to a few people while I get started on book 2. If I'm lucky my momentum will keep pushing me forward.

Thanks!
-A

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy for you!

There's nothing quite like the feeling. After so many false starts and headscratching, you actually wrote a book!

Go do something nice for yourself. A hot fudge sundae or a new book or blouse. Something you wouldn't have otherwise done. You've totally earned it. :partyguy:

Status
Not open for further replies.