bannedbooks

Read a Banned Book

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Seeking a beta or swap for a contemporary fantasy (fairy tale retelling)

Lost in the woods

Seeking a beta or swap for a contemporary fantasy (fairy tale retelling)

It's a full novel at 77k words . It's not the first draft, and I'm looking for whatever assistance anyone wants to give. It's on Google Docs, but I can change to a Word Doc if anyone needs that.

I'm willing to read almost anything (youth services librarian, editing/beta experience), but favorite genres are sci-fi/fantasy, nonfiction and anything youth/childrens.
    Last edited by narmowen; 08-03-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Death Takes Wing: Urban Fantasy Finished & Shelved (in a locked box somewhere)
    Warped: Contemporary Fantasy, Finished, Beta stage
    Shattered: Contemporary Fantasy, WIP, sequel to Warped
    Changling: WIP, young adult

Willing to Beta, just send a PM

Hi, narmowen. I sent you a PM.

What's the age range the MS is intended for, and what's the fairy tale (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm not looking to swap at this time, just to practice my editing skills since that's where I'm at with my own works. If you don't mind a newbie beta, of course. I do love fantasy and fairy tale retellings.
    "Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days, nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

In the Batman movies in the 60s, the Batmobile was designed to run on jet fuel. It looked cool and went fast but it could only run for about 7 seconds at a time. So now you know why a hyperactive project-hopping writer is called JetFueledCar.

It's not a political Twitter, but I'm a political person, so it amounts to the same thing.

I second what Jet says above. This might be something I'd be interested in Beta-ing but it would be nice to know if it's YA or adult and which story it is. Fairy tales can really range in type and topic.
    The Voice of the Inka
    YA Historical Fiction w/Time Travel
    Done @ 74k words
    Still needs some work but coming along