Ambitious August - 500 words a day writing/editing - all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - Thanks! Great that you're done with the rewrites. I swear, that's the worst part.

317 words on Fireborn yesterday. I was in some major pain, so that's a win.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Sorry about the pain, Saoirse, but well done on the words.

Only got through one chapter today. Was hanging out with my mom for a lot of the day. It was also The Kid's first day of school, so I got to hear the details of what's changed since last year and what all her friends did over the summer. :)

Six chapters left to edit. Would love to finish before Friday.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
So. I went back and drew out a plan of my secret Arctic Nazi base, with the help of my husband who advised on what the Nazis had in their bases. Now it's a lot bigger than I was envisaging. Which means of course there are more Nazi zombies. That's not a bad thing because it means more zombie-fighting scenes.

But I am going to have to go back and rewrite quite a lot of my scenes, to make them make more sense. I was quite depressed about that for a while, but this morning I made a start, and realised I don't have to start over again. Some chapters need rewriting, and I will have to add some new scenes.

A bit happier now things are moving again.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Go, Shara! Yeah, rewrites are a bear sometimes.

Excellent wordage, Saoirse!

I have finished revising. (It always feels so weird when I get through a revision - like I should be celebrating, but really I'm just exhausted and kind of disoriented. :))

Tomorrow I'm going to try going back to Holly Lisle. I think the story is more or less in place now, so the first-pass revision strategy might work a bit better.

Go, team! :e2cheer:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Congrats on finishing the revising and good luck doing it again Holly-style, Liz. I've found her methods to be very helpful.

1,069 words on Fireborn and broke 40k.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
The annoying thing about edits is that thing when you realise that logic is getting in the way of a good scene...

Still rewriting the rewrite. Moving back into the 'this MS is rubbish' stage, but still moving forward. At least for now.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad to hear everyone is doing so well on their WIP's.

I managed a couple of good days this week, but now my computer is acting up - Scrivener especially - so I've nothing to report for yesterday or today.:cry: