• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Short Story Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

sideshowdarb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping to find a critique partner for a pair of short stories I've written recently. Both are speculative or perhaps upmarket fiction, and both less than 5000 words. I'm open to reading the same, though I'm open as far as genres. Romance or fantasy - I'm probably less useful to someone on those.

The first story is about a present day man who finds himself back in 1924 every July 1st; the story centers on the end of one particular visit.

The other is about a young woman, her father and an old Christmas catalog, sometime after a nuclear holocaust.

Please PM me with any interest. I'd appreciate honest, impartial feedback, preferably from folks who wouldn't consider themselves beginners. Thank you for your consideration!

Darby

sideshowdarb

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking around today at it, trying to figure out the best place to start. Is that what you'd recommend?

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
SYW lets people read a sample to know if they're fits as readers. It can also give readers a sense of how an author receives criticism. Can't speak for Lisa, but I'd recommend it. You may get more beta offers that way.

sideshowdarb

Registered
Reaction score
No longer seeking betas for these stories, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.