Scaramucci Out (Time in Office: 10 days)

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
No, (perpetual Trump disclaimer) not kidding.

According to CNN, Scaramucci went to new CoS John Kelly to offer his resignation, Kelly basically said, 'don't let the door hit you,' and the festive reign of the deeply bizarre Anthony Scaramucci comes to an end after 10 days.

What're the odds he thought the resignation he was tendering was perfunctory?

No chaos, nope. It's all going FINE.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if we ever find out how it actually went down. The NYT is reporting it as:

The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president, not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge.

LeftyLucy

Registered
Reaction score
Life comes atcha fast, Mooch. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Even knowing it was at Kelly's request, I wonder if Scaramucci thought it'd be just perfunctory, and Trump wouldn't let him go. In the way that it could have been 'he offered to resign in the wake of his ill-advised comments over the weekend, but after discussing the new tone of the administration going forward, Kelly appreciated Scarammuci's willingness to own up to his mistakes and refused to accept the resignation,' or whatever.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Thunderbolts and lightning! Very very frightening! Thank god the chaos is over. Now Trump can get down to making this country great again! --s6 (surely you people know me well enough that I can skip the emoji)

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Thunderbolts and lightning! Very very frightening!

What they don't tell you is the real reason the guy's out is to stop the interns from bobbing up and down the halls in a chorus of "Galileo-Galileo! Galileo-Galileo! Galileo-Figaro." Certain people mistook those for the names of wayward staff-members no one could find. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I have work to do, and I'm legit worried about closing Twitter for fear of what I'll see when I open it again.

At least we're still at the stage where this stuff is funny.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
... I wonder if it's too late for him to try and salvage his marriage.

I actually almost feel bad for the guy. Almost.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
According to my nerd friends, Scaramucci broke the record previously held by John Koehler, who was the communications director for the Reagan Administration for 11 days and then fired because it was found he was a member of the Hitler's Youth.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With Apologies To Mario Puzo...

[Tessio brings in Tony Scaramucci's bulletproof vest, delivered with a fish inside]

Sonny: What the hell is this?

Clemenza: It's a Sicilian message. It means Tony Scaramucci sleeps with the fishes.

Sonny: How's Tony?

Clemenza: Oh, Tony... won't see him no more.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
... I wonder if it's too late for him to try and salvage his marriage.

I actually almost feel bad for the guy. Almost.

You don't have to. Really. This guy has been scheming to get up the Trump ladder for months. If you read that HuffPo piece, you can't come away feeling anything other than he's a weasel who might actually have an ego bigger than Trump's.

ETA: Oh, hang on. The HuffPo link was in the other thread. Here is it

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe there was someone who could be more embarrassing to the office of President than DJT is, but The Mooch was. Nothing says class and decorum like the "sucking his own cock comment".

I didn't think Kelly would suffer that fool lightly.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I figured that Trump wouldn't have much time for someone who appears more desperate for the spotlight than he is. As soon as Scaramucci referred to himself as "The Mooch" I figured Trump would start pushing him to the door. The Donald has dibs on the "the".

The irony is that The Mooch thought up to the last minute that *he* was the one pushing other people to the door.

noirdood

Registered
Reaction score
In our Humbug opinion these are not well people. Has a Commedia del arte troupe taken over the White House?
A real conservative would not stand for this stuff for one minute. Of course, most of today's 'conservatives" are Take-The-Money-And-Run, Skroo-You-I've-Got-Mine Libertarians.
I'm patiently waiting for the State of California or some other state to indict Fat Little Donnie for Treason Against The State.
(Remember, John Brown (who tried to start a slave revolt) was arrested, indicted, tried and hung for treason against the State of Virginia, NOT the USA.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10 days is a decacycle in Transformers Animated time.