Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Audio Books Forum?

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian Brian P. White's Avatar

Audio Books Forum?

Can we make a forum for discussing audio books (unless there is one and I missed it somewhere)? That way, we can each share our insights into making audio books, medium, methods, software, auditioning, hiring, bewares, etc.
    Order your copy of The Death Doll on Amazon on print or ebook today!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P. White View Post
    Can we make a forum for discussing audio books (unless there is one and I missed it somewhere)? That way, we can each share our insights into making audio books, medium, methods, software, auditioning, hiring, bewares, etc.
    Until I can see some community interest, I'm not really inclined to start a forum. Why not start a thread about audio book creation and production in the Self-Publishing Forum?

Get it off! It burns! Dennis E. Taylor's Avatar
    The audio market is a surprisingly (relatively) untapped and perhaps unrecognized part of publishing, whether self- or trade-. When I put out Legion, I was only thinking e-book and paperback. But Audible is matching the revenue from the other two on an ongoing basis. I had no clue.
    Formerly Angry Guy.

Speak the truth, but not to punish

---
    Website/Blog: www.dennisetaylor.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis E. Taylor View Post
    The audio market is a surprisingly (relatively) untapped and perhaps unrecognized part of publishing, whether self- or trade-. When I put out Legion, I was only thinking e-book and paperback. But Audible is matching the revenue from the other two on an ongoing basis. I had no clue.
    You will doubtless have noticed that the Self-Publishing forum actually includes Audio books in its title. It's the perfect place to start a discussion.