Staged Readings for 2 of My One-Act Plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
A local theatre company--Theatre3x60--has announced today the staged readings for two of my one-act plays. KING OF THE CREASE and THE HISTORY OF US. Both will be stage-read together with an intermission between them...next Tuesday (August 1st) from 7pm-9pm. I'm SO excited. It feels like getting my feet one step closer into the almost closed door of the theatre community. It feels like the hardest thing possible to break into...AND it is one of the only things I want with my writing career. I LOVE writing plays. With staged readings, there is audience feedback and critique. I'm admittedly scared out of my head that both plays will fall flat and the audience will hate them. But I'm hopeful. The theatre company liked them enough to accept both for readings. We shall see. The accomplishment, I suppose, is getting them onto the stage in the first place...even if it is in the form of staged readings. The goal is to hope that they go on to the next step...and have productions. Even if one of them evolves to production, that would make me happy. Anyway, two plays! Stage readings next Tuesday! (-: (-: (To date I have only had ten 10-minute plays produced...these are the first and second one-acts I ever wrote...working my way to a full length.)

Aug 01
3xCanadians Staged Readings - Kevin Craig, August 1

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Port Perry Church of the Ascension (266 North St. Port Perry)

Theatre 3x60's summer company performs staged readings of Kevin Craig's King Of The Crease and The History of Us.

https://theatre3x60.ca/upcoming/

Theatre 3×60 Wraps up Port Perry Summer Theatre with 3xCanadians Staged Readings

August 1 & 3, 7 pm

Port Perry Church of the Ascension

August 1
King Of The Crease, The History of Us
2 one act plays by Kevin Craig

August 3
Stronger, Freer
Full length play by Patrick & Marianne Lannigan

The Port Perry Summer Theatre season wraps up with two evenings of new Canadian plays directed and presented by members of Theatre 3×60’s summer company.

Three new works by Kevin Craig and Patrick and Marianne Lannigan will be presented in an informal staged reading format, where the audience plays a vital role in supporting the continued development of the scripts. Playwrights create in isolation, hearing their text and dialogue only in their heads. Hearing their words aloud can be an invaluable experience and staged readings provide an opportunity for the playwright’s creation to come to life; transmitted by actors and received by an audience.

3xCanadians is being presented at the Church of the Ascension, 266 North St. in Port Perry at 7 pm on August 1 and 3. Tickets are $10/evening and are available at the door, or in advance online at

https://squareup.com/store/theatre-3x60

Status
Not open for further replies.