Sean Spicer Resigns

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who sees that name and ends up with Bohemian Rhapsody running through their head.

Scaramouche. Scaramouche. Will you do the fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning. Very, very fright'ning me.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I can't be the only one who sees that name and ends up with Bohemian Rhapsody running through their head.

Actually, the Stewart Granger flick. Now that you mention it, though, that chorus is going to be buzzing through my brain for the next day or so.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

giphy.gif

The circle of trust is tightening to the size of a sphincter. I feel bad for Spicer, always have. He was a guy with a good rep in DC who sold his soul for a dead cockroach.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice Day for a Red Wedding...

Game of Thrones - White House Edition:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer has resigned, according to multiple officials, after President Donald Trump decided to name Anthony Scaramucci, a Wall Street financier and longtime Trump supporter, as the new White House communications director.

It's a dramatic end for Spicer's White House tenure, which has been marked by combative exchanges with reporters in the briefing room and a rocky relationship with the president, who never warmed to the former Republican National Committee official.

Scaramucci's expected appointment has caused great upheaval in the West Wing, with chief of staff Reince Priebus and chief strategist Steve Bannon — along with Spicer — expressing opposition to him getting the high-profile job.

"This was a murdering of Reince and Bannon. They said Anthony would get this job over their dead bodies," said one top White House official.

The official added that Scaramucci had the backing of Trump son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn, and Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell.

One source with knowledge of the conversations between Trump and Scaramucci said the latter’s likely new post could be read as a message to Priebus, a former RNC chairman who has not built a strong relationship with Trump.

"Just hiring Anthony is telling Reince beat it, go find another job," said the source, who cited the tense relationship between the two.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
What sane person wouldn't use this excuse, hell any excuse, to abandon ship? Spin it like I'm-too-moral-for-this-shit and get out. There's clearly nothing to be gained by sticking with this administration. Unless you're Jeff Sessions, of course.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I posted a clip to Youtube on Twitter with that.

ETA: I think Spicer has wanted out since the inauguration debacle and this was the perfect excuse

Last edited:

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Let's also not forget that the villain in the Roger Moore James Bond Movie "The Man with the Golden Gun" was named Scaramanga.

I think SNL should invite Spicer to be a guest host.

caw

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I told my husband I thought Spicer's next gig would be a guest appearance on SNL. It would be fantastic. On the news they kept showing a clip of him walking with a big smile on his face; he looked ecstatic.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
If he wanted to salvage any of his political career, laughing at himself for the past six months might get people to throw him a piece of shattered, stripped, bone.

Did Sean Spicer ever have any kind of political career? I think one of his biggest problems was a complete absence of knowledge about high-level politics.

caw

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Let's also not forget that the villain in the Roger Moore James Bond Movie "The Man with the Golden Gun" was named Scaramanga.

I thought of Scaramanga and MWTGG, too! Funny, if someone had asked me the name of the villain from that movie, I probably would have struggled to remember. But I instantly remembered it in reverse.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd think Spicer's post-prez career -- or the careers of anyone else who worked for Trump and been fired -- would be affected more by the fact they worked for Trump rather than the fact they got fired by him.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
Hell no should Sean Spicer be invited on SNL, lauded by anyone against Trump, or in any other way put on a pedestal. The guy lied constantly and consistently. So the reports claim he was waylaid by a more loyal Trump supporter. So sad, too bad, Spicey, but no points for quitting in self-interest. Save it for someone less gullible.

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did Sean Spicer ever have any kind of political career? I think one of his biggest problems was a complete absence of knowledge about high-level politics.

caw

Spicer became the communications director of the RNC in 2011 and later became a chief strategist for the Republican Party. Prior, he worked in public relations, communications, and with several political campaigns. In addition, he was once the chief Easter Bunny under George W. Bush.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to his tell-all book.

This.

I saw a brief interview with Spicer this past weekend, and boy did he look happy. I don't think I've ever seen him smile, other than perhaps a smirk thrown at the reporters. But I saw him give a real, genuine smile. Twice.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Next rat in line at the rail: Jeff Sessions.

caw
My bets are on Reince Priebus. Two reasons: 1) he is more of an RNC soldier than one of Trump's beck n' call, and 2) he is getting sidelined from the inner circle every passing day.

-cb

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
My bets are on Reince Priebus. Two reasons: 1) he is more of an RNC soldier than one of Trump's beck n' call, and 2) he is getting sidelined from the inner circle every passing day.

-cb

Agreed. And Sessions is having too much fun advancing his racist agenda in this administration.

Last edited: