What Would You Do to Avoid Talking to Trump?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Would you go as far as the wife of the prime minister of Japan?

In a (bizarre, terrifying) interview with the NYT (in which he also confused health insurance with the Gerber Life Plan -- I am not kidding), Trump said this:

So, I was seated next to the wife of Prime Minister Abe [Shinzo Abe of Japan], who I think is a terrific guy, and she’s a terrific woman, but doesn’t speak English.

HABERMAN: Like, nothing, right? Like zero?

TRUMP: Like, not “hello.”

HABERMAN: That must make for an awkward seating.

TRUMP: Well, it’s hard, because you know, you’re sitting there for——

HABERMAN: Hours.

TRUMP: So the dinner was probably an hour and 45 minutes.

Which, ok, except for one little thing. That's the wife of the prime minister giving a keynote address. In English.

In addition, she was in the States the last time her husband met with Trump, at Mar a Lago (the chocolate cake bombing) which I remembered, because I recalled Melania saying they'd discussed gardening, when the two women toured the botanical gardens together -- talking. About gardening or whatever. Melania is multilingual. She does not, however, speak Japanese.

The wife of the PM of Japan has apparently, more than once, for hours at a time, pretended to not be able to speak or understand a word of English in order to avoid speaking to Trump. That's some next-level, hardcore shade.

How far would you go? Poll coming! Aww, for whatever reason, AW keeps thinking I'm double posting everything and now I can't make a poll. Sad!

Post your own below!

Last edited:

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that dinner. I keep imagining Trump trying to start up a conversation and Abe giving him a benign smile and nothing else and god this is just SO PERFECT. I also want to see the face she must have made when she saw the seating arrangement. And the conversation she had with her husband or aide or whoever decided on the seating arrangement afterwards...

"So you really didn't say a word to Trump throughout dinner?"
"Newp."
"But--"
"Told you not to seat me next to him."

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
A. Pull a "George HW Bush" and vomit in Trump's lap during dinner (this might not actually be a voluntary reaction for many of us).

B. Surreptitiously pull the fire alarm as everyone is filing into the dining room to sit down.

C. Smuggle a "purse dog"in and let it loose just as the food is arriving.

D. Excuse yourself and disappear into the restroom until the dessert course is almost over

E. Don't shower for a week before the event, make yourself up to look old and tired, and wear clothes that make you look your fattest (this won't work for men, since Trump only thinks of less-than-perfect-looking women as non people).

F. Respond to every comment he makes with the word "COVFEFE."

G. Wear earplugs and spend the whole night nodding like a bobblehead (this should work since he's unlikely to do anything besides talk about himself anyway).

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A. Pull a "George HW Bush" and vomit in Trump's lap during dinner (this might not actually be a voluntary reaction for many of us).

B. Surreptitiously pull the fire alarm as everyone is filing into the dining room to sit down.

C. Smuggle a "purse dog"in and let it loose just as the food is arriving.

D. Excuse yourself and disappear into the restroom until the dessert course is almost over

E. Don't shower for a week before the event, make yourself up to look old and tired, and wear clothes that make you look your fattest (this won't work for men, since Trump only thinks of less-than-perfect-looking women as non people).

F. Respond to every comment he makes with the word "COVFEFE."

G. Wear earplugs and spend the whole night nodding like a bobblehead (this should work since he's unlikely to do anything besides talk about himself anyway).

That one!!!

I wonder if she'd tried that, if he'd have thought she was speaking Japanese.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look him square in the eye and say "I believe every woman who has accused you of sexual misconduct and sexual assault and those too afraid to come forward."

Pretty sure that would end any conversation.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
So, I'm seated between Charles Manson and Trump at a Mar a lago dinner.

Trump: uh...Cindy...um...

I turn my head and ask Manson if he'd rather be in prison or sitting with the Cheeto.

That's how I shut people out. I turn away. I am deaf. And when I am not looking at you. You do not exist.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Another option: Go total nerd and quote Rodimus from Transformers:Lost Light "The finger of silence. It's pointing at you."

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
What would I do to avoid talking to Trump? Hmm, tough question. I'll say--age and be female.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I might entertain myself by trying to pin him down on one of his statements.

"So, you say you can get health insurance for $12 per year. Where exactly is such a policy available?"

"What exactly is 'clean coal'?"

"Why does Ivanka get all her line of products made outside the U.S.?"

I suspect that soon the issue of *him* talking to *me* would not be a problem.

Splendor

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is some next level disgust and shade.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Speak in Gollum's voice and call him "it" the whole time.

"But Precious, what would it look like without skin, we wonders. Would it be better, Precious? Could we eat it then? No, no, still too nasty!"

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speak in Gollum's voice and call him "it" the whole time.

"But Precious, what would it look like without skin, we wonders. Would it be better, Precious? Could we eat it then? No, no, still too nasty!"

This one.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
"Yeah, I have to go over here now." *turns in chair facing slightly away from him*

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how many Westernised women on his Saudi Arabian tour pulled the ol' "I cannot speak to any man I am not related to" when faced with Mr. Trump.