Great Period Clothing Resource

MerriTudor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
crampedquartersblog.wordpress.com
For those of you writing historical romance, and finding research into period clothing boring and/or frustrating, I found a channel on YouTube that I love: https://www.youtube.com/user/priorattire. Maybe some of you already know about it, but thought I would share in case it may be useful to anyone.

Izabela dresses herself in period clothing from underwear to shoes and hats. It's entertaining, and you get the nitty-gritty not only of the many pieces of clothing, but exactly how they are put on and secured. And lovely, relaxing period music plays in the background. She did a great piece on corset "myths" by wearing a corset while dancing, skiing, roller-blading and bicycle-riding to illustrate that corsets weren't the instruments of torture we've been led to believe. And that, yes, you can put on a corset without a maid!

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Ooohhh. I did not know of this channel. Thanks for posting.

I've been in love with historic fashions since I was old enough to look through the "C" volume of the Britannica Junior encyclopedia set we had. *yes I am that ancient*

MerriTudor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You're welcome, Barbara! I wish there were some for men's clothing as well. I think I'll rummage around YouTube and see if I unearth any.

Evelyn, I read the post and watched the video on doing karate in a Victorian dress. I think she looked cool! Thanks for sharing!

lachesism

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhhh! Yeeeeessss. I love. I also use pinterest as a resource, but this awesome.

Thank you for this!

MerriTudor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ahhhh! Yeeeeessss. I love. I also use pinterest as a resource, but this awesome.

Thank you for this!

You're welcome! I LOVE Pinterest! It's a fantastic resource - you can find just about anything you'd ever want or need. I can go into a Pinterest trance and not come out for days.