AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Blue Mesa Review (25 Dollars per piece)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Blue Mesa Review (25 Dollars per piece)

Hello AWer! I just wanted to let you know that Blue Mesa Review, a literary magazine produced by the English Department of the University of New Mexico, has started paying contributors. We accept fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and visual art, and we pay 25 dollars per piece. We do charge for submitting to our annual contest (June 1 - August 31) and for expedited response, but our regular submissions (October1-March 15) are always free. You can check us out at http://bmr.unm.edu/

I do have a question. For submissions, do you prefer literary fiction, or can genre be submitted as well? I ask this because I do know a few literary magazines produced by universities, such as Gulf Coast, the graduate level one of the University of Houston (the school I attend) prefer literary fiction. It also doesn't specify either way on the site that was linked.
    Aspiring sci-fi/fantasy writer, now with more superheroes!

Current WIP: Psycat and the Fevered Highway (Edit stage 1)

I have a blog! Check out http://siwyenbast.wordpress.com/ for heroic tales and camraderie, straight from the heroes themselves.

I'd like to know your genre limts, too, Tatianka. I'm a NM expat in AZ (went to school at SJC), and write both literary and fantasy. I have a soft spot for UNM because their special collections library holds some of my book art.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.